Arnos Vale

29 room 3* hotel located on the Arnos Vale plantation
Eileen Posnick

Arnos Vale

Post by Eileen Posnick »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 11 September 2002

We visited Trinidad and Tobago two years ago and loved it. We were with our family and friends, and we rented Brash Villa in Tobago for nine days. It was perfect and affordable for four adults and seven teenagers. Lots of space, great location, wonderful staff. Now my husband and I are going back in December, just the two of us, and we will be in Tobago for only three days. So we need to stay at a hotel rather than a villa. Arnos Vale appeals to me because I like the location very much, the fact that it is on the beach, the birdwatching "tea", and that it is a small hotel (about 35 rooms). I read that it had gotten rather "shabby," but is recently under new management. The rate is good since we are coming in just as the "low season" ends. Does anyone know if Arnos Vale has gotten better? "Shabby" doesn't bother me so much as long as it is clean and has decent amenities. Any other recommendations for a hotel that has the same features as listed above? Many thanks for any feedback you can give us.
Verena

Post by Verena »

hi eileen, somebody told us, that the rooms near the pool ( 12 rooms in one building) seem to have a better standard than the hillside rooms. but the rooms at the hill are more private, because they are in different cottages. there are also rooms at the major building, but they seem to be in need of upgrading. do you know the beach at arnos vale? have you been there before? we heard that its not good for swimming because its not deep enough ( corals )... hope it is a fairy tale... we are also thinking about to vistit the hotel at the beginning of november.... best regards verena
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Eileen. I think your post pretty much summed up everything I've heard of late about the Arnos Vale. Its set in a beautiful cove, but be warned that its extremely hilly and totally unsuitable for people with walking difficulties. You might like to also take a look at the Blue Waters Inn at Speyside. Have a great trip and let us know how you get on.

Hi again, Verena. Yes, I believe your information about the rooms is correct. The rooms near the pool are a 'new' block. The cottages on the hillside were there many years ago - I stayed in one 20 years ago and they were past their sell-by date then. The beach at Arnos Vale was lovely for sunbathing and chilling out, but swimming was not brilliant. There is a lot of coral out there - so good for snorkelling, but only one or two areas where swimming is safe.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Arnos Vale Hotel”