Guest Report

29 room 3* hotel located on the Arnos Vale plantation
Rawle Mahabir

Guest Report

Post by Rawle Mahabir »

I have gone across to Arnos Vale Hotel in February 2008 and I must confess my utter astonishment at what I saw and experienced. One would have heard of experiencing a natural environment, but this one has to be seen to be believed, and I live in Trinidad and I am fully exposed to the flora and fauna of our beautiful twin island state.

My comments to family and friends are, “I will try to explain what I saw and experienced, and please do not feel that I am exaggerating!” Only when you see the amount of birds, the wide variety, and their fluttering about in such close proximity as you sit and enjoy this outdoor haven, it is just unbelievable.

Whilst the hotel is maybe more than 40 years old, even this lends itself to enjoying the near natural environment and unspoilt habitat, and all of this within minutes of “civilization”.

I am extremely disappointed with the totally negative comments from “Margaret Moyle from U.S.A. visited in November 2007”. If there was any minute fact in the comments from this writer, would there be any other guests around? And in my discussions with the very friendly staff and management, I am advised that the vast majority of guests are repeaters who make booking many months in advance, and another who actually booked a year in advance and will be coming with many other family and friends. Our public health and safety officers would never allow such a situation as described by this individual to exist.

There is general consenus that the hospitality sector in Tobago is taking a beating with the high fuel prices and consequent high airline ticket prices. And together with low labour availability, the Tourism Division of the Tobago House of Assembly must make every effort to address this matter in the shortest possible time.

I have no hesitation in recommending Arnos Vale Hotel to all my friends and acquaintances.

Return to “Arnos Vale Hotel”