blue waters inn, a good choice?

38 room 3* beachside hotel in Batteaux Bay at Speyside (listing)
San

blue waters inn, a good choice?

Post by San »

Hello,

We are thinking of visit Tobago in januari. We are still looking at blue waters inn and the grafton. Is the sea as beautiful as the carribean sea? We would like to stay in a small hotel with posibilities to snorkle, hike and laying on the beach. What can you advise us to do? The grafton is all inlcusive. BW inn has a restaurant, are there others restaurants in the neighbourhood? So you can choose for diner?
Great internetsite!
Jane H
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Jane H »

Hi San

In terms of size, Blue waters inn is smaller than the Grafton Beach and more isolated.

Snorkling is much better off the beach at Blue Waters Inn than in Stone Haven bay by Grafton Beach where the beach shelves quite steeply and the sea can be rough.

Both beaches are nice to relax on - and the beach bar at Grafton (part of your all inclusive) is very good!

As for hiking - well there are certainly walks from both hotels. Blue Waters inn is 15-20 minutes from the village so if you want to eat outside the hotel it takes a bit of effort.

Jane
Kevin Hampson
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Kevin Hampson »

Hi San,
There is a dive report in the activities forum that should answer some of your questions as we were based at BWI for the first week.

BWI sits in it's own horseshoe bay which is very sheltered because of Little Tobago Island and Goat Island in front of it. The snorkeling is good and you can also get the glass bottom boats to run you across to Angel reef too.

Jane must walk a bit slower than us we normally made Jemma's or Redmans in about 10 to 15 minutes, the only things I would say is the walk is a bit step over to BWI and take a torch, if there is no moon it is very dark.

Regards
Kevin
Jane H
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Jane H »

Hi Kevin

Hey man - you don' want to walk too fast! Chill!!!

Jane
Kevin Hampson
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Kevin Hampson »

Hi Jane,
I'll break out in to a sprint if there's a Carib or a Rum Punch at the finish line.

To be honest we did take a little longer last year, the view over the bay in the moon light is wonderful. This year there was no moon at all and it was pitch black, great for looking at the stars but I was glad I had a torch.

Regards
Kevin
Cornelia Montgomery

Post by Cornelia Montgomery »

A few years back, we walked that hill one evening toward Speyside. As we approached the crest, there came upon us a very strong musky unpleasant smell. "What's that," I asked my husband, only to be answered by a sort of snort. It didn't sound at all like him. Our eyes then were able to pick out the shape of, of, of ... a huge bull at the side of the road. I may have set a record for speed in getting to Speyside. We saw the bull thereafter in the daytime. It was tethered. But you couldn't see that in the dark.
Mark Farrington
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Mark Farrington »

Yes, we did this walk most nights and it was fine.

I hesitate to point this out, but on our last day we walked up to the main road in order to turn right on to the unmade road that runs behind the hotel to the next 2 bays [worth doing, incidentally]. half way up the BWI drive wa heard a rustling noise from the bank, and a snake fell down on to the top of the wall!

This wasn't some titchy little slow-worm, but a serious serpent, over an inch in thickness! I have no idea whether it was poisonous or not, but I thought I ought to mention it!
Regards, Mark
John Hill

Post by John Hill »

Duane Kenny

Snake

Post by Duane Kenny »

Not to worry as their are no posionous snakes in Tobago. There is a fake coral snake which is yellow and black (small guy) but he is not poisonous. My guess is that you saw a Rainbow Boa. Don't worry as mainly they will eat a rat today and sleep in a tree for 2 to 3 weeks. Talk about living the way we all wish we could. Eat, and then lounge in a tree taking in the breeze and sun for 3 weeks.

Return to “Blue Waters Inn”