MSG in the Fishpot?

38 room 3* beachside hotel in Batteaux Bay at Speyside (listing)
V Fabry

MSG in the Fishpot?

Post by V Fabry »

My travel companion has developed a major allergic reaction to MSG, also called Ve-tsin or E621, wich is a flavour enhancer. It is used is a lot of mixed spices, seasonings, conveninence products and boullion cubes. When she eats something with MSG in it it happens that she has to be rushed of to a hospital with a allergic shock. Not a nice idea when you are staying in Speyside. :cry:
Maybe Duane could find out if the stuff is used in the kitchen of the Fishpot and/ or the Shipwreck bar?
Any ideas where or what you could eat safely?
Julie H

Food Allergies

Post by Julie H »

I hope your do not have any problems on holiday, but I suggest you get a good holiday insurance policy to cover any health/medical problems. If you are staying in a self catering studio at BWI you will be able to prepare most things yourselves and shop for fresh produce locally. I am sure BWI will do their best to help (they may not even know if certain items they use contain this flavour enhancer), so I think at the end of the day the responsibility for what you eat is yours, only you can decide if you want to eat something or not.

Alternatively Kariwak Village is a holistic resort with a menu made from natural ingredients, most grown in their own gardens. Unfortunately it is a long way from Speyside being located in Crown Point. Worth a visit maybe, check out this link http://www.mytobago.info/accommodation.php.

Have a look at the restaurant and cuisine section on this website.
http://mytobago.info/cuisine.php

What about the food on the airline? Have you pre-arranged something?

Hope you have a pleasant time with no need to visit the doctors.
Duane Kenny

Special Diet

Post by Duane Kenny »

We could use basic seasonings on your food such as salt and pepper and then just use natural herps for the rest. I don't think it will be a problem. My team will be work on a menu for you. What dates are you coming, as I will get my F and B team to crank out a menu and then I will get it emailed to you for your partners approval. My email is [email protected]. If you need anything else please feel free to email me. Have a great weekend and for those who don't know IT'S SAILING WEEK!!!!!!! I wish you could all join me for some rum and good times.
Duane

Return to “Blue Waters Inn”