My Thoughts

38 room 3* beachside hotel in Batteaux Bay at Speyside (listing)
Iain G

My Thoughts

Post by Iain G »

Returned recently from a week staying at BWI. After the long 90 minute drive from the aiport we settled in to a peaceful week of sun and sea (yes, the sun did shine most of the time for those that worry about the weather :roll: ). The rooms are very basic but I like that as it encourages you to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Great views of Little Tobago from the rooms.

We went on a tour of the forest with Newton George who was excellent - we're not birders but found his easy going style perfect. Also went Sea Kayaking from Charlotesville which was great fun and included excellent snorkelling. Our favourite beach was Pirates Bay which has good snorkelling too. The snorkelling at BWI was not so great because of poor visibility but there are nice fans and other corals on the right of the bay. We took a Franks glassbottom boat trip for more snorkelling - in fact it's more of a snorkelling trip than a glassbottom boat trip if you get my drift. Excellent snorkelling out by Little Tobago and Angel reef (can you tell we like snorkelling :D :?:

Food was okish at the restaurant at BWI and the flying fish sandwiches at the Bar were very good. Staff at the bar made you as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit but don't let that put you off. I think it's their way of showing affection :wink: Good mix of guests at BWI - a few singlies, couples, and families. Hiring a car for a couple of days was enough to see the island before wanting to return to the peace and tranquility of BWI. Speyside is very small but I can highly recommend Speyside Inn for dinner - excellent food and the menu changes nightly - very good service too. We also liked Birdwatchers as it was very relaxing and a great price for lobster!

8) Thumbs up for BWI and Tobago.

Return to “Blue Waters Inn”