Arriving at BWI Sat 14th

38 room 3* beachside hotel in Batteaux Bay at Speyside (listing)
Chrissie Teall

Arriving at BWI Sat 14th

Post by Chrissie Teall »

My partner and I will be staying at BWI for 9 days from Jan 14th to the 23rd. We have found the information and reviews on the site really useful, thank you!

It will be our first visit to Tobago (have been elsewhere in Caribbean though). We were uncertain as to whether to book the BWI after reading some negative comments about the standard of the accommodation and staff attitudes, but have decided as keen divers this was the best location.

I'm assuming the hotel info is still current regarding facilities ie need to bring own hairdryer, do NOT need to take own beach towels? We have asked the hotel to book a Taxi from the airport for us.

Will we be OK with US dollars, or would local currency be better?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Chrissie

Welcome aboard!

As long as you go understanding that the BWI is a 3 star hotel in an undeveloped tourist destination and don't expect Dubai hotel standards, you will be fine and have a truly great holiday.

Why US Dollars? Unless you happen to have some US currency left over from another trip it makes no sense to change Sterling to US to then change US to TT$. You just pay hand over fist.

My suggestion is to arrange £200-£300 in TSTT$ from your bank here. You are unlikely to need more - you can pay most things by card. If you do need more cash, there's an ATM machine in Charlotteville, just 10-15 minutes drive from the BWI.

Have a great trip and be sure to let us know how you get on.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Chrissie Teall

Post by Chrissie Teall »

Thanks Steve, will take your advice, we may have a few US dollars left over from previous visits but will get TT$ before we arrive.

Am looking forward to sun,sea relaxation oh yes, and a few sightings of mantas and whale sharks wouldn't go amiss!

And those rum cocktails sound nice..........
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Those rum cocktails are VERY nice.....but after diving of course.
David in Castara 8)

Return to “Blue Waters Inn”