Bluw Waters Inn

38 room 3* beachside hotel in Batteaux Bay at Speyside (listing)
Joke Spriensma

Bluw Waters Inn

Post by Joke Spriensma »

in august we will stay in BBI for 2 weeks. is this a good period for diving and snorkling?
has any one already in this hotel in the last few weeks?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Joke

Welcome aboard! :lol:

We stayed at the BWI for 5 days just two weeks ago. Our updated review of the hotel will be available in our Accommodation section by the end of next month. However, I can tell you that the hotel is looking better than I have ever seen it and we had a wonderful stay there. The only negative was the cuisine. Breakfast and luncheon were adequate (in fact the hamburger at lunchtime was the best either of us have every tasted), but dinner the evenings was very dissapointing - so much so that we went out to the Speyside Inn for our last two evenings and had lovely meals on both nights.

August is during the rainy season so you must accept that you are likely to experience more rainfall than during the drier months, but I think the snorkelling and diving will still be excellent.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Joke Spriensma

Post by Joke Spriensma »

thanks for your eply! do you think the blue haven will be a better hotel? because of the cuisine and surroundig?
does blue water inn have a pool or just only a beach? ar the rooms good, is there a tv in it?
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Joke

The Blue Haven Hotel is a 4*-plus hotel, so is naturally very much more luxurious than the Blue Waters Inn. By coincidence, after spending 5 days at the Blue Waters, we moved straight down for 5 days at the Blue Haven and returned from there on Sunday.

The Blue Waters Inn has, in my humble opinion (don't laugh regular readers :x ), the second best location on Tobago. The hotel will always remain one of our favourites on the island as a result. We LOVED our stay. Just a pity that the catering wasn't a strong point.

The Blue Haven is one of the best hotels on the island. Read our reviews of both hotels, Joke - although they won't be updated with details from our recent trip for another few weeks (tons to catch up on first). Everything I say in the review about the Blue Haven remains the same today, with one exception. In exact role reversal of the Blue Waters, the catering at the Blue Haven has come on magnificently during recent months. We enjoyed some of the best catering of our trip. The Blue Haven has a small pool, but a a really decent and very pretty beach.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Blue Waters Inn”