Guest Report

38 room 3* beachside hotel in Batteaux Bay at Speyside (listing)
Suzanne Sampson

Guest Report

Post by Suzanne Sampson »

Set in a perfect bay on the North East of Tobago, this property has a lot to offer. It is the only building in Bateau Bay, a mile or so outside Speyside, and is quiet and peaceful. The view as you approach from the top of the hill is wonderful. The rooms, all within a few yards of the lovely beach, are spacious, comfortable and attractive. We experienced both the double room and the efficiency room, which has a kitchenette area, and is bigger. The downside of Blue Waters is, surprisingly, the staff. We were disappointed to find most of them offhand and in some cases (one of the barmen in particular) downright rude. We are very experienced travellers and were expecting the friendly Tobagoan welcome that the website indicated, but despite our efforts to engage with the people at Blue Waters, we failed. The food, too, is disappointing. The menu didn't change at all while we were there, and is expensive and dull. We ate in Speyside on several occasions (the Speyside Inn had wonderful fish) and the welcome was much warmer. Having said that, the Blue Waters' breakfasts were good, with fresh fruit, and the hamburger I had for lunch one day was very good. Despite my comments, we enjoyed our visit to Tobago very much, and would stay at the Blue Waters again. I just wouldn't expect too much in the way of a smiling welcome and I would eat dinner elsewhere!

Return to “Blue Waters Inn”