Guest Report

38 room 3* beachside hotel in Batteaux Bay at Speyside (listing)
Balderson

Guest Report

Post by Balderson »

Blue Waters Inn was a fantastic place to stay. Our room was newly refurbished and had a king size bed, all new furnishings and a balcony. We could look down and see the humming birds on the feeders below as well as Mot Mot birds and Corico birds in the trees. The beach below our room was lovely - the sea was warm and not rough and the hotel loungers on the sand were comfortable. It was a very quiet, peaceful place to stay - we felt like millionaires as everything was so private. The food was quite good and we ate lobsters that we saw a local man dive for from his canoe and then come and sell to the hotel.
There was a TV room and little library if you wanted to catch the news etc. My husbsnd went for an introductory dive with the dive shop and we went snorkelling from a boat (I wore a life jacket as I am 60 and not too confident in the water) and saw a Hawkesbill turtle and a huge coral as well as lots of colourful fish. One day we took a taxi for £3.50 into the village and back so that we could eat at the famous Jemma's restaurant. Another day we went on a boat trip to the island nearby to see some special birds. You can also do a lovely walk up the slope from the hotel and along a path to more secluded beaches. This hotel was our favourite in our trip of 5 islands. If you want to have a good view and a bird feeder for hummingbirds you need to book a ground floor room as some of the upper floor rooms have tree branches in front of them which obscure your view of the sea. It does take quite a while to get there from the airport but it is really worth it if you like well furnished rooms, nature all around, warm sea, birds and a peaceful atmosphere.

Return to “Blue Waters Inn”