Guest Report

38 room 3* beachside hotel in Batteaux Bay at Speyside (listing)
Gracev

Guest Report

Post by Gracev »

Blue Waters Inn is all about the unbeatable location. You can walk out of your room and jump into the ocean in a matter of seconds. Batteaux Bay is beautiful; I spent my entire stay looking out in awe of the view.

The food is good, the grounds are well-maintained, and the staff is friendly. There's plenty to do in the water during the day, whether you're in the mood to swim, snorkel, or kayak. The village is a 10 minute walk down the road, and there's plenty of beautiful views along the way.

The beds are fine, the shower is spacious but does sometimes run out of water temporarily, and the rooms can flood a little if it rains too hard, so make sure you don't store your luggage near the doorway.

If you like excitement at night, you'll have to make evening plans with a rented car or taxi. The hotel is very quiet after dark. If the taxi driver Andy Orr is available during day or night, I recommend him. His knowledge of the area and pleasant personality will brighten your day. Snorkeling tours run from the hotel, and we had a great time using Frank's Glass Bottom Boat tours. Make sure to eat at Jemma's restaurant in town and try the breadfruit pie!

Overall, Speyside is beautiful and I would stay at the Blue Waters Inn again. If you value location over luxury, you'll feel the same.

Return to “Blue Waters Inn”