Guest Report

31 room budget hotel located inland at Crown Point (listing)
Wolfgang Hellwig

Guest Report

Post by Wolfgang Hellwig »

In my extensive travels though out the world, I’ve experienced 5star and dives. Over the past 10 years, I have made repeated visits to Tobago, a scenic, relaxed island, not overrun by tourism. Two trips, I brought down a football/soccer team from Canada, and although we got our share of licks, both were enjoyable for all and created lasting memories. However, I do prefer do come solo, to relax and unwind.

On all trips save one, my accommodation of choice was/is Conrado Beach Resort, ideally located between Pigeon Point, Bon Accord and Crown Point, all within comfortable walking distance. Upon arrival at the airport, within minutes I am checked in and relaxing on a restaurant patio directly on the beach, to the sounds of calypso and breaking surf. Within a short while all is relaxed and serene as I switch to ‘island time’. A variety of small fishing boats down the coast remind of “the old man and the sea’.

The hotel itself, although older and not considered for multiple stars, is clean and well maintained. You immediately feel the connection to the island, its culture and people, as opposed to a secluded resort. The kitchen is well run and staffed throughout the day, offering an extensive menu of good variety, including special requests.

The charm of the Conrado, is the personal attention offered by the family management and their staff to all one’s needs and desires. The feeling of familiarity adds to the relaxation and enjoyment of my visits to Tobago. In closing I would like to offer my thanks and best wishes to June, Lawrence, Antonio, Frida and their staff.

Wolf

Return to “Conrado Beach Resort”