Excellent Overall Stay

31 room budget hotel located inland at Crown Point (listing)
RobertE
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Excellent Overall Stay

Post by RobertE »

We just returned home from Tobago, six days of which were spent at the Conrado and my title sums up our (my wife,17 yr old daughter and I) stay there.

We stayed in Room 27 of which rooms 17-31 (odd numbers) are the 2nd floor beach/seaview rooms with generous front porch/balconys.
Our room was clean, fully functional and comfortable throughout our stay. It was not comparable to a suite from the "Villas of Stonehaven" , (with designer prints and infinity pools.. ) but was never presented or charged as such. It had a comfortable Queen and Twin bed, newer fridge, strong ,quiet AC and good bathroom,shower. Complete room cleaning with fresh towels and beach towels was provided every day if desired. We paid $150 US per day for 3 adults, all taxes/service charges inc. ... this included a Full breakfast (fresh fruit, juices, eggs ,toast, meat,fish, omeletes pancakes, cofee/teas.... (basically whatever you wanted ) and it was done well. We were also consistently served well, made to feel welcome and constantly asked if we needed anything.
Is the Conrado a bit tired ,... showing some age? Yes.... but so is virtually every other property mentioned/reviewed on Trip Advisor ..... and we looked at many other places throughout our stay and saw that.

The Conrado is located right on the beach. "On" the Beach means the surf washes up against the place/rooms during high tide.... NO other place on Tobago other than the Naturalist on Castara Bay (great looking place!) can make that claim. (Im sure I'll get a howl of nays on that one but show me wrong....)
The old saying, Location..Location...Location applies here and I would argue that the Conrado has the best location in Crown Point:

-Only property located on Pigeon Point (beautiful beach/park area.... especially early morning)
-easy walk to restaurants/ bars/stores/banks etc (Bago's was great!) and (Tobago Paradise and Grill) next door
-the beach/ocean/ boat activity views from our room patio and dining patio perched over the beach was a highlite along with the sunsets
I know other places had nice views but we liked being "On" the beach, hearing/seeing the surf from our room, we loved getting up early in the morning and stepping onto the beach and walking on beach... continuous... around Pigeon Point for roughly 1.5 miles and coming back to a great breakfast.... thats why we chose this place.

June, Lawrence, and Frieda treated us like family, provided for any reasonable request and their staff was attentive and deserve praise as well. I did not know this place or the owners/mgmt until I researched it/stayed there and I could provide more detail about why this place worked for us if anyone wants to PM me. I will also be submitting a general trip review of Tobago and submit reviews of the other place we stayed at and things we did.

I submitted this same review on the Trip Advisor Hotel reviews and added comments to rebutt a review which I felt was totally unjustified. I also see that this hotel is labeled "Budget" in this review section and I totally disagree for the above reasons.
My wife and I have backpacked all over the world......stayed in "Budget" places from time to time.... Believe me.... the Conrado is not Budget! What it is.. is a comfortable, small place with good ,friendly owners/mgmt and a million dollar location with million dollar views. Again... it is not the "Villas of Stonehaven" or "Bacolet Beach Club".... nor does it pretend to be but it works and Its location beats the above two... hands down.

Bob
Attachments
Typical sunset
Typical sunset
Our south view
Our south view

Return to “Conrado Beach Resort”