Guest Report

31 room budget hotel located inland at Crown Point (listing)
Nick Runeckles

Guest Report

Post by Nick Runeckles »

We stayed at the Conrado Beach Resort for christmas just gone, and we had a fantastic time. We were welcomed on arrival with a 'beastly' Carib (a cold beer!) by Maria and Marion, who were both super helpful in booking tours for us (Marion) and spoiling us with food (Maria).
The Hotel has arguably the best position on the island, as you can walk to everything in crowne point, is right on the beach, and you can walk up the beach to Pigeon point. The fisherman bring their catch in next door, so you know the fish is always fresh, and there's a friendly jet-ski hire right by it as well.
The breakfasts were nice, always some fruit, eggs, ham, pastella, toast etc., and they did nice suppers as well. There weren't ever any written menus, but the choice changed daily, revolving around the usual fish, chicken, lamb or steak dishes. We thought that their food was as good as anything else we had during our holiday, the side dishes were nice, everything was fresh. Maria also let us know that if we wanted something special (a lobster, particular fish etc.), she would have been happy to get in in for us.
The food is served on a veranda overlooking the ocean, a good way to start the day.
There's also a bar, manfully manned by Travis, who mixes a mean Pina Colada, and has a seemingly endless supply of Carib. You can play pool in the bar with the locals, who were generally very friendly, competitive but happy to share some games. Special mention to my great rival on the table Trevor.
Our room looked out over the ocean, and faced the setting sun, and had a large veranda. There was a new air-con, a large bathroom and was simply fitted out. There was cable TV, we didn't really watch it much.
The operation of the sliding doors was a bit eccentric, and I never quite figured out the right combination of lightswitches for the main light (I got it on a couple of times!). However, this hotel is excellent value, and very friendly. So, if you want maximum efficiency, think of Switzerland. If you want somewhere jolly, reasonably priced and looking out at a beautiful ocean, this might well be it.

Ales

Re: Guest Report

Post by Ales »

Thank you for your information Nick.

Since there was no report about this hotel for a long time
and I am visiting this hotel in a couple of days,
I found your report very positive and usefull.

Ales

Return to “Conrado Beach Resort”