Guest Report

31 room budget hotel located inland at Crown Point (listing)
Jennifer and Trevor

Guest Report

Post by Jennifer and Trevor »

My husband and I recently stayed at Conrado in February 2009. From the day we booked until we were dropped off at the airport, Maria was wonderful: responding quickly to email inquiries, welcoming us upon arrival, providing advice about the island, always inquiring about our comfort and wishing us a good day. While the hotel seems to be in a transitional phase of renovation, it offers comfortable rooms, roomy balconies, and of course, a gorgeous view of the ocean. I anticipate that the ambiance and aesthetics of the actual will only improve! Our room was cleaned each day and absolutely immaculate.

The breakfast was very nice - and enough to fuel the day's activities. I HIGHLY recommend eating their "authentic" breakfast - delicious. Dinners are absolutely incredible. I have no doubt that Anil the cook will emerge as one of the best cooks in TT. EVEN IF YOU DON'T STAY AT CONRADO YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY COME HERE FOR DINNER!! There is no formal menu, but if you were to inquire in the early afternoon, Anil will accommodate your wishes and cook for you what you'd like. Otherwise, if you show up during dinner hour, I can gaurantee you'll be happy with whatever the feature is that evening. One night he prepared the most amazing fajitas I've had - with incredible attention to detail and flavor. Amazing! Seriously, the BEST food we had on the island - by far! (Second runner up being the Coco Cafe). The bar is good as well - my husband very much liked the rum punch. I was happy with an ice cold Carib on tap! Anthony the bartender offered wonderful service and good conversation.

The other Anil (waiter/staff) is a young Trinidadian who is incredibly warm, genuine, and wonderful guy. My husband and I were so lucky to be able to hang out and get to know him. He is missed!!

We'd definitely stay here again, although, I felt more drawn to the tranquility and scenery (mountainous, forest, QUIET beaches) of the other end of the island (Charlottesville, Speyside, Castara), and would probably stay on this end of the island next time (in addition to a few nights at Conrado!). We didn't care much for Pigeon Point beach (down the road from Conrado), which is argued to be the best beach on the island. If you're looking for lots of tourists, an entrance fee, expensive drinks, easy access to beach chairs, then you'll be happy at Pigeon Point. If you'd like few tourists, good snorkeling, and better scenery, head to Englishman's Bay or the beach that's located at Arnos Vale Beach Hotel - which is public, but few go there aside from those staying at the relatively secluded hotel. We rented a vehicle for a few days and a scooter for a few days. The scooter was fine for getting to closer destinations, while the car was definitely safer for travel to the opposite end of the island.

We look forward to staying at Conrado again and certainly wish them the best!

Return to “Conrado Beach Resort”