Guest Report

31 room budget hotel located inland at Crown Point (listing)
Kerwin

Guest Report

Post by Kerwin »

My stay at Conrado was just 2 nights, my wife and I was disappointed with the rooms, the website did not advertise accurately.
The Pros and Cons of the Resort:
Pros:an okay-ish beach lay a few steps down from the beachfront, a few stones and coral but workable.
A bar is downstairs it is pretty expensive but it has a pool table that is $3tt for a coin a game, why its not free to the guests I don't know.

Cons: Breakfast was nice if it wasn't for the rotting fish smell, the locals catch there fish and clean them, then throw the guts and heads in the water hence washing up on the resort's beach front, my wife wanted to leave as soon as we got there and saw the mess.
All the beds are as hard as if u lay cardboard on the ground an slept.
The latch on the door was broken and all we got was a "its safe because no one else comes up here but the residence"

Tobago was the only thing that cheered us up, we never spent more than half an hour in the Resort, only to sleep when night came.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
JohnW
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Re: Guest Report

Post by JohnW »

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights at the beginning of March, and I would like to start by refuting some of the points made by the previous poster
Kerwin wrote: A bar is downstairs it is pretty expensive but it has a pool table that is $3tt for a coin a game, why its not free to the guests I don't know.
Pretty expensive by what standards? a Carib cost TT$12 which seemed about average for the area and certainly cheaper than at Pigeon Point (TT$15) and as regards paying for a game of pool, just about every Hotel I've ever been in charges for the privelege.
Kerwin wrote: Breakfast was nice if it wasn't for the rotting fish smell, the locals catch there fish and clean them, then throw the guts and heads in the water hence washing up on the resort's beach front...
We had six breakfasts here and never had a problem, and frankly there are so many laughing gulls around that if any scraps were thrown into the sea by local fishermen, they would be gobbled up long before there was a chance of a "rotting fish smell"
Kerwin wrote: All the beds are as hard as if u lay cardboard on the ground an slept.
Well the bed we had was firm but comfortable and we slept like the proverbial babies.....

As for our own experience......

No more than a few minutes by Taxi (thank you, YES Tourism) from the airport which is great after a Transatlantic flight. We were given a very warm welcome when we arrived, and complimentary iced fruit punches were immediately sent up to our room. What a great start.

We had booked a Superior Ocean View room at $US130 per night. For this we got a relatively small room dominated by an extra large bed which was very comfortable. There was a phone, TV, large ceiling fan, air conditioning and a mini fridge that was more than adequate to keep a few drinks nicely chilled. In addition there was a large split level balcony overlooking the beach: on the upper level were a couple of chairs and a small table and on the lower level were two sunloungers, wheeled at one end for ease of movement - all of which, was well covered to provide either shade or shelter from showers. The shower room was spacious and well lit. Breakfast was included in the price.

Breakfasts were excellent being a mixture of help yourself for staples such as tea/coffee/juice; breads, fruit and jams with cooked items such as eggs, bacon or fish being cooked to order.

We also had two dinners and one lunch, service was friendly and the food did not disappoint either - just treat the pepper sauce with caution if you're not used to it!

When it came to the end of our stay I asked to use the receptionist's PC to do an on-line check-in for our flight to Trinidad. Unfortunately there was a glitch with Adobe Acrobat when it came to printing boarding passes, but the receptionist stayed on for an extra half our beyond her normal time to attempt to sort this out. We weren't able to solve the problem but I was assured that the Manager, Maria would sort things out for us by morning.........and so it proved when we went down for breakfast - our boarding cards had been delivered, from the airport to reception. Now that's what I call service.

Return to “Conrado Beach Resort”