Guest Report

36 apartment 2* hotel located inland at Crown Point (listing)
L. Francis

Guest Report

Post by L. Francis »

My friend and I recently spent our mini vacation at the Golden Thistle (Bronze Thistle), welcome to the Golden Thistle...if anyone of the staff members should call you the day before to confirm whether or not you are coming to this hotel, its actually not a confirmation and also if you call on the same day and say that you are here its still not a confirmation just a reminder. We arrived at the hotel after our short walk from the airport, and was greeted by a not so pleasant gentleman, because we did not confirm as mentioned before, he vanished into the inner room and we were then greeted by a young lady, who advised us that we would have to hold on because our room was not ready, after holding on for an entire hour and a half we finally got the time to rest of weary feet, the room was absolutely perfect for someone who suffered from claustophobia, the cockroach was very entertaining he came out at night and dance over the sink where we kept our personal stuff, the sliver fish also joined in the party, oh and how could we forget the cricket that sang to us at the wee hours in the morning to make sure you could not sleep, house cleaning was magnificent the towels were changed only if you begged, and they were quiet holely to accomadate the water when you wiped your body. The pool was unavailable due to the painting by the handy man, the garbage in the room was taken out by the guest, the power cuts was great we were in darkness more than three times in a day but have no fear they supplied you with candles and matches as written in the hotel manual or handbook. However should you run out of matches you can purchase same for only $1.00.The previous resident in our room was unaware how to wash a dish, but I guess it was because of the dishwashing liquid was not supplied so they basically rinse and packed them into the cupboard. Ah the Green Thyme restaurant... hot meals served daily it was great, Tantie was on top of here game, don't understand the connection with the hotel, maybe she's renting a spot. Good Luck!

Return to “Golden Thistle Hotel”