Guest Report

36 apartment 2* hotel located inland at Crown Point (listing)
Colleen Noreiga

Guest Report

Post by Colleen Noreiga »

I stayed at the golden thistle for three days and three nights. On arriving to Tobago we called the hotel for directions to their location and was immediately disappointed to find that they were located on the opposite of the beaches at Crown Point. As we arrived we were greeted by a pleasant young lady who took us to our room. She claimed that our original room was already taken so she updated our room. As we entered the room we were shocked at the size. It is ideal for someone suffering from closterphobia as it was so small, I could stand in the middle of the room and stretch my hands and they would touch all four walls at the same time. And they call this an update. I wondered what my original room looked like. To add to the excitement we were greeted by "run down” kitchen wares with no dish washing liquid or sponges to wash dishes and a sign that says "you are welcomed to purchase matches at the green thyme restaurant for $1.00". This called for an immediate run to the grocery. Cooking soon became a hazard since we were getting a strong smell of gas when the gas was turned as if the gas pipes burst. This hazard was reported t the front desk but nothing was done. We could have easily been blown up. Our refrigerator was a mini fridge with little to no storage space due to the size. There are no sitting areas for eating meals or relaxing and so our bed became our dining table. There is absolutely no room for moving around not to mention room service which comes if they feel like coming because they can't work after 3:30 pm. On the outside there is lovely view of a red brick wall and some bush. Sleeping became almost impossible since the mattresses are so old and lumpy; I left with back pains. When there is a power outage there are no generators to supply electricity so you must get comfortable in the dark till the power returns. The Golden Thistle Hotel is pleasant only to those people who have not seen what other hotels look like. There are other hotels in the same area which are far better and cost the same. It is despicable of these people to charge such a high price for such a degrading experience. The moment I walked through the door I wished I could have asked for my money back because I have stayed at beautiful hotels for the same price. Don't make the same mistake I did even if you are desperate to go Tobago. It is not worth it. Feel free to stay at the Golden Thistle when their price is reduced to $150 per night.

Return to “Golden Thistle Hotel”