Guest Report

36 apartment 2* hotel located inland at Crown Point (listing)
D. Snagg

Guest Report

Post by D. Snagg »

I was completed dissapointed with this hotel. i love tobago,I have stayed at a number of places in tobago before and my plan was to always try a new place on each successive vist.

firstly i was totally appauled at the size of the roon, it was ridiculous for the price they asked. i have no problems with a studio, but this was another story. There was no proper seating area, the two chairs that were there looked like the owner found them on the sid of the road and tried to 'bring them back to life'. We had all our meals on the bed, which by the way was located too close to the doorway. The bathroom was sooo small, as soon as you stepped in you bumped into the sink, i kid you not, apparently the bathroom was built for slim people, im 110lbs..??? i'm a bit on the short side so unfortunately for me, i could only see my forhead in the mirror, otherwise i had to tiptoe.(what in the world). oh did i mention, i had to contend with June Bugs flying into the roon through the kitchen window (the only means of private ventilation),maybe it was their season.

the kitchen window opened up to a red brick wall, so close you could stretch and touch it. (what a view right!)

The owner was anything but pleasant, he lumbered around always looking unpleasant. i vividly remember on two occassions greeting him and he did not answer, i had to wonder if he did not hear me. hardly, because he never initiated a greeting to me either. that made me feel really uncomfortable. thats bad huh!

Out of all the places i've stayed at in Tobago, for me i can honestly say, it was the worst. i definitely will not stay there again, nor will i recommended it to anyone, once i spend a certain amount of money, i expect a certain degree of value. i did not get that at this establishment. i was happy to leave that hotel.

Return to “Golden Thistle Hotel”