Guest Report

36 apartment 2* hotel located inland at Crown Point (listing)
Charlene Ruffin

Guest Report

Post by Charlene Ruffin »

My vacation started at approximately 4:30am that morning and when I arrived at The Golden Thistle at approximately 10pm, let's say I was not exactly in the best of spirits.

Michael, the hotel owner, warmly greeted me and immediately got me settled in for the night. After a good night's rest, I was again warmly greeted by Michael and Ms. Carmela, the hotel cook. I enjoyed a tasty and filling outdoor breakfast while being serenaded by the birds that filled the garden.

My room was spacious and had all of the ammenities that I needed for comfort. Most important, it was air conditioned. It had a full bathroom including a tub with both hot and cold water. The room was cleaned daily by two of the nicest ladies you could meet. They were attentive and detailed in their duties. It had a kitchen, not a kitchenette. A working gas stove, a large refrigerator and was stocked with basic cooking utensils. My room was located by the pool area. The pool was clean and well kept.

The hotel was just a short walk to not only the beach, but to shopping, and even the airport (I walked to the airport on my departure). The Golden Thistle is located just off a a main road and has not only nice fruit trees along the road, but a variety of flowers and greenery. I was accompanied by some of the local residents daily on my walks (dogs, chickens and sheep (I thought they were goats!!!).

Michael and his staff are top notch. They were helpful and kind and constantly asked me if I needed any help with anything. By my 3rd day, Ms. Carmela knew what I would be having for breakfast and even offered to teach me how to make "fry bake". I found this to be the "true Tobago experience".
Was this the Ritz-Carlton? Nope. The charm, warmth and hospitality that was offered to me could never be duplicated by a chain hotel. I had a wonderful time in Tobago and look forward to bringing my family to The Golden Thistle at Christmas.

Return to “Golden Thistle Hotel”