Guest Report

36 apartment 2* hotel located inland at Crown Point (listing)
Ksingh

Guest Report

Post by Ksingh »

Just got back from what should have been a holiday in Golden Thistle Hotel and I absolutely CANNOT RECOMMEND THAT PLACE TO ANYONE! My recommendation is that the Tobago House of Assembly set up some sort of assessment board to ensure that the quality promised in brochures and websites is accurate! It was horrid and I feel robbed! Bockety fridge, a cramped tiny room, mildewed dishcloth, dingy old towels, pillows that were lumpy and dead, a smelly blanket, househelp that merely remade beds and swept, dishes left in sink, microwaves offered only if one rented it in addition to what was paid for the room, water problems, tableware looked like scrap ends from a garage sale, nothing matched and everything was very old and heavily used in addition to being an exact two in number of each. Certainly not what was promised nor what I expected when I paid down. The brochure and website heavily misrepresents what is actually there! Hospitality was missing. Not even a bit of diswashing detergent to wash the dishes and matches to light the stove were not provided unless one bought them from the hotel restaurant. The ambience is depressing and somewhat survivalist. I was deeply disappointed and swore that I won't be back in Tobago in a hurry. I stayed in Rm 54 even though I paid extra for a poolside room and was promised thus over the phone and it was absolutely awful, all the worse, because it was the Easter Weekend and I couldn't get another place to move to and was forced to endure as best as I could...I refused to stay in Tobago a moment longer than I had to and caught a flight on standby 5-6hours earlier than I was supposed to leave. Disgusting and I'm thoroughly disgusted!

Return to “Golden Thistle Hotel”