Johnston Apartments

26 apartments located within the Crown Point Beach Hotel (listing)
Joanne Kassie Foehner
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Johnston Apartments

Post by Joanne Kassie Foehner »

My family stayed at Johnston's Apartments which is a five-minute walk from the airport in March of this year. Our 1-bedroom apartment overlooked Store Bay and the apartment suited our needs of having breakfast and/or lunch in and dinners out on the town. Their prices were reasonable for 4 persons (C$117 taxes included) with daily maid service.

The only thing the kitchen lacked for us was a coffee maker but otherwise everything was great. So next time we're taking our own! Dive Shops were close by (at the entrance to Pigeon Point) but if you read the Rough Guide to Trinidad and Tobago there would be other listings.

Shopping at Pennysavers was a breeze - just take one of the local taxis for TT$2/3 (one way); or there is a grocery store along Store Bay Local Road in the direction of Sandy Point where you can pick up groceries.

Send them an e-mail and Ann Marie or Gerard (Johnston, the Owner).

What we especially liked about Johnston's was it took 30 seconds to get into the "warm" waters at Store Bay! If you are anything like me, Lake Ontario is a tad too cold for my liking.

Regards, Joanne
Jean Sampson

Johnstons Apartments

Post by Jean Sampson »

Five of us shared a self catering apartment here. It was clean spacious enough with a double and single bed in a seperate bedroom and two beds in the living/kitchen area. There was air conditioning and plenty of hot water and clean towels. The maid cleaned the room each day. The cost worked out at £8 a night each for the room as it was winter rate. But best of all was the clear and spectacular view of the wonderful sunrises and sunsets from our balcony. Ask for the building closest to Store Bay and upstairs facing the sea. We had room 42. They have another block set back nearer Crown Point Hotel but I believe that the views will not be as good there. It is ideally situated near the airport and the takeaways around StoreBay.
Irene
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Johnson Apartments

Post by Irene »

We are holidaying in Tobago soon and wondered if anyone has contact details for Johnson Apartments.
Irene :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Irene

All contact details are listed in our accommodation listings - select the Eat & Sleep/Accommodation link from the main menu bar above, then enter the word 'Johnston' in the name box of the Advanced search form.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Donna

Post by Donna »

Irene, Would love to hear your review of the Johnston Apartments when you return. We wanted to book the Crown Point Hotel in Dec but I was notified by them they are going to be closed Sep-Dec for refurbishment.
Joanne Kassie Foehner
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Johnston Apartments

Post by Joanne Kassie Foehner »

Hi Irene:

You may call Johnston Apts. and speak to the Office Manager, Ann Marie Chung and she will certainly look after you. You can tell her that Joanne and Karl Foehner referred their establishment. While Johnston's is located in the Store Bay/Crown Area, it is handy to everything but more importantly, it is close to the beach, Store Bay - a 30 second commute to the warm waters. Ask for an apt. in the first block overlooking the water as a first choice but the garden views are just as splendid.

Enjoy!
A Ali

Post by A Ali »

Over the last 6 years I have probably stayed at Johnstons 6 times. Its the perfect place for my husband and myself as our trips from Trinidad to Tobago are mostly for rest, relaxation and Store Bay. We dont care to travel around the island.

Rest and relaxation are a certainty on the hotel grounds. Its very peaceful. We have never had any problems with the management or workers on our stays. I sure hope this continues.

We usually prepare our own food when there but at times we indulge in some fast food from the Royal Castle franchise at the airport and I understand there is now a Churches Chicken as well. We never ate at the Crown Point Hotel restaurant but relatives have and they were pleased.

My only problem with this establishment is that its becoming more difficult to get a booking with them as they are always completely booked :(.

By luck we were able to get a booking this month as there was a cancellation. We leave tomorrow .. yipppeee :D

Return to “Johnston Apartments”