Guest Report

26 apartments located within the Crown Point Beach Hotel (listing)
Lynsie

Guest Report

Post by Lynsie »

The rooms themselves are a little basic, but clean and spacious. What you pay for are the beautiful views of Store bay and for the beach access to be literally right on your doorstep. I think most people who have stayed here would agree that this is what makes this place special.

A couple of points to bear in mind:

Their website says there is complimentary wireless access within the compound. This is slightly misleading. We were told that the wifi hub is actually at the Crown Point Hotel, next to the Johnston apartments. If you're staying near to the apartment reception, as we were, you won't be able to pick up the wifi from your rooms. This was frustrating for me. Even though it was only a short walk away, you have to be quite close to the hotel to pick up a signal.

It can get quite noisy outside in the mornings and evenings (if you're near the reception). I was woken/kept up by loud music blaring out from a cars outside the apartments. I am assuming these belonged to some of the vendors with stalls near the apartment.

The grounds themselves are well kept and there is secure parking. Steps give you access to the beach, which although busy, is absolutely beautiful. It has perfect sand, with very few pebbles and some shady areas for those who need a rest from the sun. The waves aren't too strong and there's no seaweed. It was one of the few of the more popular beaches to actually serve local food - well worth a try!

Return to “Johnston Apartments”