Recommended money

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Tims
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Recommended money

Post by Tims »

Hi,

I have found your website very informative, thank you for putting it together. Whilst looking at things to do/places to eat i noticed many are lacking pricing for things. What would any of you recommend taking for a week in Tobago in june?
We are room only deal with hotel so will have to provide all our food ourselves. Some nights we will want to eat out whereas others we will probably find a fairly cheap option. I also like the look of doing a boat trip/horse ride/jeep safari/parasailing etc. After making the effort to travel all that way I would hate to find myself being restricted due to not taking enough money, especially as I have a long time to save up for it. Any general information on the subject would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Recommended money

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Tims

Welcome aboard! :)

This is always a hugely difficult question to answer because so much depends upon the depth of your pockets, your tastes and your preferences. However, as a very general guide, assume that everything is much the same price as you would expect for a week in the Lake District - or anywhere at home for that matter - and then budget on that basis. For security reasons, don't take a huge amount of cash with you. We could argue forever about the cheapest way of exchanging currency, but for sheer speed and convenience (who wants to spend valuable holiday time queuing in banks?), you can’t beat drawing cash from a machine. Just make sure that you have at least one Visa/MasterCard card (ensure zero balance for credit cards so you aren’t ripped off on interest charges) and that the issuer knows you will be in T&T.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Questions & Comment”