Our man "Tallet" making waves in Tobago

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Our man "Tallet" making waves in Tobago

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Paul,

When you said you were going to bust some moves on d island on this trip, I did not think you meant that you would be appearing on national TV! Good for you, turning the screws to get something done, even in a floppy hat you look fearsome:

http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/TOBA ... 61141.html
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Our man "Tallet" making waves in Tobago

Post by Chris Runciman »

If the THA make good the damage done to the road down to the Naturalist then Depot Road, the next road along, leading down to Browns, Beach house, Seascape, Angel Apartments, Lilibets, Sea Breeze, Boatview & The Boathouse, the youth music training centre as well as the little church beyond Angel and Little Bay itself should also be included in any local road improvements?
Just a thought!
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Oh Lordy ... been trying to get a DVD of that for days :mrgreen:

Chris ... Ancle was paying to have the road done privately but this was blocked by THA who insisted on carrying out the work themselves and never did ... he got stuck between doing it himself and the politics ... hence the publicity and he successfully got the media out.

I see that as a positive and inspirational move.

If all the other causes need help then they should follow Ancle's example and push to get the works done ... it seems this type of publicity helps get the causes done and it would have to be alot to ask for Ancle to campaign for all the other causes as well, half of which he is probably unaware (because nobody seems to talk in Castara).

Castara should work together on these issues but sadly they don't and I need not go into the history of who has taken responsibility for the road in question over the last 15 - 20 years.

I was just happy to help ... the stunt has not worked yet but if the road is made up in the near future I hope it will inspire others to follow suit instead of complaining all the time.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

Understood. A year or so ago the residents and some visitors actually took it upon themselves to mix and pour concrete to make some repairs to Depot Road. Too big a job though , and too expensive, to do the whole thing.
As you know the rainwater run off is pretty aggressive and does it's best to undo all ones hard work ! I'll show you my 'defenses' sometime!
Maybe Ancle could get the 2013 international round island cycle race to use the road!
Last year in the week before the race the island was a real hive of activity with asphalt crews working all night to improve the roads!
I wish him luck, we all use that road as well.......................
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Ha Ha ... If something can be done, I sense Ancle can do it ... few know of his gritty determination to get things done and continually seek improvements for the benefit of his guests and the benefit of the village ... after all, he is one of a few businesses here that has not been funded or partially funded by overseas investors ... Ancle is a major player in bringing business to the trip operators,the local restaurants and other areas of Tobago. He focuses on his own hospitality and refers other services to local providers ... it is a network operation that works well.

Where village issues are concerned, all the other tourist related businesses have to seek financial approval from their backers before agreeing to any project they can be involved in and this can slow things down, especially at times when the non-resort tourism is struggling and profits are low.

I am not biased here ... this is a simple fact.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Hi All--
I wasn't able to get the sound to work on the link to the TV station's news clip. I really wanted to hear Ancle's melodious voice!! Yours too, Paul! If anyone can give me a pointer, I'd appreciate it.
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Were my ears playing up or did the newscaster call you Peter Tallet? Was the young man your son Paul? If yes, you must be very proud of him as he came across as a bright, articulate young chap.

Where were the scary women and karate experts in your group? It would have been nice to see the whole clan doing the "zombie shuffle" down the road of doom (you deserved a Bafta). Hope you are enjoying your trip. :)
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Yes Glyn ... Peter was Paul and my son's name is James ... he prefers Jim.

And yes, he is quite an articulate chap,just days away from learning if he has a first or a 2.1 in Criminology ... so we do these crazy stunts to keep him focused.

2 nights ago we were on Grande Riveira Beach in Trinidad (one way to keep him occupied) and saw 6 leatherbacks come out of the sea in one hour and watched 100's of babies born and scampering into the sea.

... my holidays out here get better and better every time ... no troubles, no issues (apart from a drug raid in Castara which got quite juicy lucy ... or scary Mary!) ... can't get better than this ... many reviews and reports to come when I get back to the UK.

Some will like and some will not ... smile.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Paul Williams
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Paul Williams »

Continue the good work Paul but most importantly enjoy yourself.

Return to “General Questions & Comment”