Development query

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Wyn
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor
Great Britain

Development query

Post by Wyn » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:58 am

Hi. I haven't visited the island for a few years and wondered if anyone could answer the following query
Some years ago (about2007) I was interested in a seafront development at Roxburgh. It was a project of some local people and a U.S. company. Then the financial crash brought it to a halt.
I've heard that building may begin soon. I can't trace anyone involved to ask. Does anyone know if work has started? The site is near the fire station, as I recall.
Any info much appreciated.
Wyn

Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business
Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Development query

Post by Patrick Dankou » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi,

I would be very wary about this development. There has been a lot of controversy including legal matters and I don't think anything will happen any time soon. Last year around this time they made a big announcement at the World Travel Market in London that they will start construction and nothing has happened since then.
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com

Wyn
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor
Great Britain

Re: Development query

Post by Wyn » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Thank you Patrick.
I am grateful for your response. I'd be very interested to know a bit more about the legal matters (links to reports?) or even what the planned development is called now. It was, as I recall, the Saints Development Company.
It's a long story, but I had a particular (financial) interest in this project - and now have no information about what's going on.
I do not wish you to inconvenience you: but any information you have would be precious to me.
If you wish, and are able, to email directly, I am on wynford.emanuel@gmail.com
Thanks again.
Wyn

Return to “General Questions & Comment”