Castara during carnival?

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Chris Hill
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Castara during carnival?

Post by Chris Hill »

Hi,

Let me first say a big thanks to this forum and website, for giving me so much Tobago information. I have been lurking here on and off since 2011, when i was preparing for our first trip to Tobago in february 2012, we had an amazing time, toured around the island for 10 days, and fell in love with the island and its people. On departure we promised ourselves we would definitely return to this beatiful little island.

I'm now preparing for our next trip in february 2015, we'll be staying in Castara, since that's where we felt most at home in 2012. Flights, rental car and accomodation are all booked :D

Now i just dicovered that we will be in Castara during carnival 2015, and was wondering what to expect. Will there be anything happening in the village at all, or does it all take place in Scarborough? Not that we're looking for big parades or anything, but we would be more happy to join in on some local fun if there is anything going on.

Thanks for any insight!

Chris
Ninas
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Re: Castara during carnival?

Post by Ninas »

There is a special atmosphere on the island during carnival. However if you want to taste real carnival flavour you will have to go to Roxborough, Crown point (J´ouvert) or Scarborough (Parade). But you can also have good time in Castara. I hope you will enjoy it!

Return to “General Questions & Comment”