First visit to Tobago

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
TraceyN
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

First visit to Tobago

Post by TraceyN »

Hi. We are coming to Tobago 26 October for the first time. I am beyond excited! We are staying at the Blue Haven, Bacolet Bay. I wondered if members could recommend places to eat close to Blue Haven. Also, how would we travel across for the Sunday School? Do buses run? Looking forward to replies! Regards Tracey.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: First visit to Tobago

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Tracey

Welcome aboard. :)

I'm afraid that Scarborough is pretty devoid of decent places to eat. Apart from the Blue Haven's own restaurant, the only one within walking distance is the Café Havana - the only restaurant on Tobago that I have walked out of half way through a meal. We've had one bad and two poor experiences there and won't return!

One that you should try though is Salsa Kitchen. It's on the opposite side of Scarborough, but well worth a visit. Make sure you ring and book though - Paula only opens when she has bookings. You will find details in our Restaurants section.

Most of the restaurants are in the Crown Point area, near the airport, or on the lower Caribbean coast - like Sunday School. In all cases, you will need to use a private taxi. Although there are buses, it will taken most of your evening and is not an experience that I can recommend. The hotel will arrange a taxi for you - and make sure that you arrange for the same driver to pick you up at a pre-arranged time to get you back to the hotel.

Enjoy - I'm sure you will love it.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Questions & Comment”