ATM in Castara

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: ATM in Castara

Post by Ronald »

I know that First´s ATMs doesn´t accept foreign cards, at least it has been so for a long time.
Royal Bank add a fee when using its ATMs, Repubic does not.
I know peoples left Royal because of that, and why not? NO interest on their money they have on their account and a fee when they take out?!
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

Happy Christmas to you in Castara ! The ATM is set up to use cards bearing the symbols as shown on the illuminated sign. Is your card issuing bank aware of where you are? I will mail the CEO of First Citizen's Bank and check but the last information from Castara was that it was working.
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

I asked my bank some years ago if I needed to tell that I was abroad, the answer was "NO, we doesn´t use that rule in Sweden".
I´d last year read that First no longer would accept foreign cards, I was than in Crown Point, and my swedish card didn´t work at the ATM by the Airport, but it always work at Republic and Royal.
If First still have such rule, not accepting foreign cards, than it´s really silly of THA and the Airport to allow them to be in control of the TM by the airport!
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

. Last November we became aware of problems with the ATM belonging to First Citizen's not being able to process cash withdrawals using overseas cards. This problem has now been resolved.
For the past month it has been 'business as usual' so hopefully the problems experienced recently are only temporary.
If you have problems with the ATM then you should contact FCB. The number is in the book and they do answer eventually. I can let you have it if you are unable to find it. Paul , I am sure Ancle has it, he is a CTDA member and knows what we have been doing over the last year to remedy the situation .
There have always been problems with refilling all the ATMs on island at peak periods.
If you have not advised your card issuer of your destination then you can possibly trigger an unusual cash withdrawal alert resulting in your card not working .
There were only ever issues with First Citizen's Bank ATM.
Unfortunately that meant the one in Castara !
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

Update as We have been back in Castara for 2 weeks and apart from the First Citizen's Bank ATM running out of money over a weekend, and this was remedied quite quickly, we have had no problems drawing cash on my Lloyds/Mastercard.
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

First Citizen's Bank are replacing the old one on Thursday 23rd 2017 starting at 10am .
They say the work will be finished by 1pm so plan accordingly if you need cash!
This has taken a lot of campaigning by the Castara Tourism Development Association and the FCB listened and are promising to get involved in other projects in the village so good for everybody!
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

New model ATM installed and tested by 13.30 when I drew cash on my Lloyds Mastercard to confirm it myself. Photographic proof can be supplied......

Return to “General Questions & Comment”