Tobago on Christmas Day 2016

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Jo Rooke
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Tobago on Christmas Day 2016

Post by Jo Rooke »

Does anyone know what if any tours and attractions are available on Christmas day? Our cruise ship arrives there on Dec 25th this year, our first visit to Tobago and it's a special public holiday. Thank you.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Tobago on Christmas Day 2016

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Jo

Welcome aboard! :D

I doubt that any tour operators will be operating on Christmas Day. However, there aren't many to choose from, so your best bet is to have a look through our listings and then drop and email to any of the tours or guides that take your fancy.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Jo Rooke
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by Jo Rooke »

Thanks Steve! What a small world, my family moved from London to Norfolk many moons ago, my brothers still live there, you are practically neighbours. I appreciate your quick response and will check out the tour operators but I suspect that you are right, after reading about how important Christmas day is to the locals, everyone needs to enjoy that time with family and friends. Hopefully, we can get some sense of the area, it will be Christmas day everywhere and so it hardly matters which port we arrive at, thank again.
essener
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by essener »

Try to get a transfer to Castara or Englishman's Bay.
There you have a great chance for a wonderful day.
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Jo, Sorry about the late response. When the cruise ships come in there is a whole line of cabs that take people around the island. They are organized and get numbers for the line. Most have newer nice cars. I have a friend in Charlotteville who drives down and does this. A lot of his trips are to Pigeon Point. I would think Pigeon Point would be open. He (they) will wait or come back for you. If the cruise passengers have the time they will do trips to Jemma's and Argyle, don't know if these will be open Dec. 25. Again if you have time maybe a trip around the island with stops at some beaches. Don't know how many places to eat in the north will be open. Hope this helps, Phil

Return to “General Questions & Comment”