New development in Castara

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
GillianM
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

New development in Castara

Post by GillianM »

Having noticed the recent excavating going on as you enter Castara(on the right hand side before Castara retreats.....I did a bit of digging and came across this website.

http://www.castarabeach.com/about-project.html

It seems to be a 180 unit development by Royal Palm Beach which has been given the go ahead according to their site.
I have found little discussion on any forums about it. Seems worrying to me-it is huge!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: New development in Castara

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Gill

This project has been kicking around for more than 10 years and refers to land owned by a charming Castarian, Mr Marlon Brown. Ask about him in the village and you will get fascinating reactions. This development was discussed in the forum some years back, but heavyweight lawyers forced me to remove all mention of both Brown and his projects. As such, I am unable and unwilling to say much more.

The website you refer to perfectly illustrates my opinion of the professionalism of this outfit. We understand that Brown and his partner now live in Australia. I was forced to contact them a year or two back and demand the removal from their website of a large number of my own photographs that had been effectively stolen from the web and reproduced on their site to promote the project. Says it all!

Whilst outline planning consent may have been granted, I was not aware that any formal planning permissions had been granted for this project. I obviously stand to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise. The construction that you are referring to is, I believe, an access road high up onto the ridge above the road, where the proposed project is set.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
GillianM
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by GillianM »

Thanks Steve for your quick reply.
It certainly suggests on the site that' all planning permissions have been obtained and there is a great deal of detail on there as to what they are proposing. The fact that excavation has started seems to echo that?
I totally understand your position regarding further comment-lets see if others have anything to add.

Regards, Gill
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

nothing in the news here. I don't get that far north most weeks but was up there today and didn't see much activity. a number of factual inaccuracies on that link make me think, as steve has pointed out, that it's just the same old khaki pants.

paul

Return to “General Questions & Comment”