AVOIDING CRUISE SHIPS!

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Mandy H
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

AVOIDING CRUISE SHIPS!

Post by Mandy H »

Hello all,
We're off to Tobago on Wednesday, and are wondering if anyone knows the normal docking days for cruise ships so we can avoid the likes of Pigeon Point on those days and go on the quieter ones :D
We went a couple of years ago, and they grabbed all the chairs and made it an un-relaxing visit to the Point! If anyone can help, we'd be most appreciative!
Thanks,
Mandy
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Re: AVOIDING CRUISE SHIPS!

Post by David Watkins »

Mandy contact Yes tourism they may be able to help.It has been very busy this year with two or three ships a week
David
Lisa Keith
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Lisa Keith »

Hiya Mandy,

Over the next couple of weeks, the ones I KNOW of are today (too early to affect you!), 11th and 25th March. There may be more. As David says, Yes Tourism will definitely know.

Even if you do want to go to Pigeon Point, just get there early! I was there a couple of weeks ago when the cruise ship turned out, but I'd gotten there at around 10:00, bagged myself a nice hut on the beach and really wasn't bothered by the amount of people. We had to wait a little longer for food and drink, but - let's face it - nothing happens fast here anyway, so it really didn't make MUCH difference!!

Have a good trip!

Lisa.
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Lisa Keith wrote:Hiya Mandy,

Over the next couple of weeks, the ones I KNOW of are today (too early to affect you!), 11th and 25th March. There may be more. As David says, Yes Tourism will definitely know.

Even if you do want to go to Pigeon Point, just get there early! I was there a couple of weeks ago when the cruise ship turned out, but I'd gotten there at around 10:00, bagged myself a nice hut on the beach and really wasn't bothered by the amount of people. We had to wait a little longer for food and drink, but - let's face it - nothing happens fast here anyway, so it really didn't make MUCH difference!!

Have a good trip!

Lisa.
Oh joy,i'm in Tobago from 25th so will go armed with a big towel to sling down somewhere nice! :mrgreen:
Mandy H
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Mandy H »

Thanks for the replies - good shout about contacting Yes Tourism =D> I've already booked flights to Trini through them so will get in touch. Cheers for the suggestion.
I just love Pigeon Point when we have it more to ourselves than having to climb over people who are only on the island for three hours and are sometimes impolite - I won't go on in case I offend any fellow mytobago-ers who may enjoy cruise ships :D
Lisa Keith
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Lisa Keith »

Don't worry Andy... there are more in April, just in case you were feeling left out!!!!
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

I hate them,'cos when I am in town I am hassled for a taxi journey round Tobago.I had one last week when I said "Take me to Sugar Mill Park"He didn't have a clue!('n' if you don't a cyar tel)
David(freezing cold in Kernow1(so much snow!!!!!) :cry:

Return to “General Questions & Comment”