any reassurance please

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
MariaC
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie
Great Britain

any reassurance please

Post by MariaC » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi, I'm after some re-assurance please! :)
I'm going to Tobago this Thursday and I've never been anywhere like this before, I was lucky enough to win the trip in a competition and am very grateful to be going. I haven't travelled very much before and have been keeping my eye on the weather forecast, which isn't looking too great. Will I still have a good time? I was looking forward to some boat trips, the rainforest and fishing (and sun!), but will it be possible if the weathers too stormy? I guess I'm just worrying that I'll be stuck in the hotel for the week if the weathers really bad? Some people have told me that it rains then gets sunny again, but the weather reports are very different depending on which website i look on. Any reassurance or advice at all would be gratefully recieved! Thanks in advance.

Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
Great Britain

Re: any reassurance please

Post by Steve Wooler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Hello Maria

Welcome aboard! :D

Fear not, I'm sure you will have a wonderful holiday. Do not take too much notice of the weather reports. It seldom rains all day. Most of the rain is overnight and/or particularly during the first hour or two after dawn. You will often find it clears as soon as the sun gets up and burns off the cloud. Showers can develop very quickly - but equally clear within minutes; half an hour later you will be hard-pressed to see that it has rained. And remember: the rain is warm.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

John H Fox
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast
Great Britain

Post by John H Fox » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:57 pm

I would echo that - on the odd occasion it rained for us over the past 2 weeks we just jumped in the swimming pool!! 30 minutes later we had got out and were sun bathing again!!

MariaC
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie
Great Britain

Post by MariaC » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi again and thanks for your replies.
Having just got back from our first trip to Tobago all I can say is wow - it was brill. You were right to tell me not to worry about the weather -it was hot hot hot! It did rain on our final day but like you say, it was warm rain and cleared up quickly. thanks again :D

Return to “General Questions & Comment”