Arnos Vale amongst other things!

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Donna Baylis
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Arnos Vale amongst other things!

Post by Donna Baylis »

Its been somewhere between three and four years since I have visited this website and is good to see some familiar faces still here :D

We last visited Tobago four years ago and are in the process of booking for April this year. I was wondering if someone who has visited more recently could confirm if Planet ceramics still have their shop at Pigeon Point. Also, we remember visiting a gift shop very near the Backyard cafe which sold hand printed beachwear amongst other things. We bought a hammock from there which every summer is our little bit of Tobago in our garden and is getting rather worn so we would love to replace it . One more question please?? In our previous three visits we have never got to Arnos Vale for snorkelling or to see the birds, is it still worth a visit?

Thank you so much for your help

Donna
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Arnos Vale amongst other things!

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Donna

Welcome back. I'm glad you stuck to 'familiar' faces rather than 'old' faces. :)

Delighted to hear you are going back. Yes, I believe Planet Ceramics are still operational in the Pigeon Point Heritage Park. I can't 100% recall, but isn't the gift shop part of Backyard Cafe? I think it's called D'Art Yard and is located directly left of the Backyard Cafe seating area, and immediately right of Dillons Seafood Restaurant. In fact, I believe that all are owned and run by different members of the Dillon family.

Coastal erosion and land run-off have had some negative impact on the snorkelling at Arnos Vale and the beach there now shelves very dramatically, which can lead to a challenging entry when the seas are running high. However, most seem to agree that the snorkelling there is still highly rewarding. First-time visitors still seem to enjoy the afternoon tea and birds at the Arnos Vale Hotel, but I understand the spectacle is not a patch one what it once was. The birds seem to have migrated across the road to Ean Mackay's Adventure Farm & Nature Reserve. You will find this on the right-hand side of the road on the outskirts of Plymouth, about 400m before the turning off to the hotel.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Questions & Comment”