Guest Report

47 room apartment timeshare resort located at Sandy Point (listing)
Kamara Tayo-Jones

Guest Report

Post by Kamara Tayo-Jones »

My extended family and I stayed at Sandy Point for 1 week. There were 3 families in all, including 3 toddlers, an 8 year old and 5 adults. Nine in total and what can I say. The staff were courteous and accomodating and we absolutely enjoyed our time there. A good measure of fun is to ask our children. They loved it. There was enough there to entertain them all and they never got bored. The view from the loungers at the pool and on the beach and from the seats at the bar were calming and just plain beautiful. We never got tired of watching the pelicans feed while sipping an exotic drink. And we always tried to race to the beach to watch the sunset. The late night activities were fun and just relaxing.

The bar staff were kind and made really good mixes. There was pool, table tennis, darts etc. available at the bar and the swimming pool was close by so we could all have fun and keep an eye on the children. The rooms were well equipped. My mom, sister-in-law and I marvelled at the kitchen supplies. There was everything (blender, pots, pans) that was needed except for the food, foil and plastic wrap of course. We could have a dinner party and be well equipped. The mini mart also sold salt and pepper in little bags that fit into the salt and pepper shakers.

Our rooms held all nine of us, with privacy. The children had their separate space and the adults did as well. The view was not the greatest from where we were, but we did not spend much time looking out the windows. The hot tubs were very convenient, one right outside our porch. The mini mart was well equipped and competitively priced. I would caution about the restaurant though, as we found it excessively pricey. We ate there for some specials but would rather walk out to the main road. We thoroughly enjoyed our local meals provided by the lady with the BBQ stall at the side of Milford Rd across from the burger and fries place.

We took the charter/van to Pigeon Point and it was convenient. We did spend a lot of money travelling by car, but then again there were 9 of us. The trips into Scarborough were well worth it and the taxi drivers helped us find local fruits at much better prices.

All in all, the staff were great, the prices were okay, the place is superb and the location is perfect. That it is near the airport was not a problem and noise was not a factor. We will definitely vacation there again and may even buy a time share. It is well worth it after our experience. Friends and family who visited us at there also fell in love with it and have subsequently booked their own time there as well. Do your research, not much will compare for the same affordability, location and ease.

Return to “Sandy Point Beach Club”