Guest Report

47 room apartment timeshare resort located at Sandy Point (listing)
Evangeline Willaims

Guest Report

Post by Evangeline Willaims »

I specifically requested Sandy Point because my family and I had been there several times before and enjoyed ourselves so much.It's gorgeous. However, we were there a few days ago and met with disappointment.

We arrived from the ferry at about 10:30am. The ladies at the front desk told us we had to wait because check-in was at 4:00. They told us we would have full use of the facilities which we did. No problem. The problem started when we had spent 4 hours waiting, the children were hot and tired and ready to settle down (we had been up since 3:00 in order to catch the 5:00 ferry). So, my husband and I went to the front desk at about 2:30 pm to check on the status of the room. We were told that if we wanted to check in early we had to pay an extra $237 TT.Mind you, the room was ready. I refused to pay the amount as I felt we were being conned so we resumed our activities. (I just keep wondering why they didn't tell us at check in that we could pay the extra amount at about noon when paying the extra money would have been feasible). Well, amazingly when we refused to pay the extra money they could suddenly accommodate us; but, it doesn't stop there. We had one extra occupant than the six the room was specified for. So, we had to rent an extra room!!!! We made that work as we had no other option (the original room had been prepaid, otherwise we would have gone somewhere else).

The second day we were there we purchased a package to be able to utilize the web. Well my niece, whose 14, went to the resort store to use the computer because she didn't know we had the package. They charged her $40TT to gain access knowing we had the package.

On the third day , we were called twice to see if we needed housekeeping.Both times they were told no because we would be checking out the next day. Don't you know, a maid came into our room anyway!!!(I think she thought we had all left, but I stayed behind and surprised the mess out of her).

On the final day, the maid came to survey the room and proceeded to tell me I needed to wash the dishes. No problem, I did it. But isn't that her job? Anyway we asked if we could keep the bigger room longer for an extra fee.We only needed to stay until about 1:00. We were to NO. Now, they had already confirmed that that room had not been booked, but even still, if check out is at 10 and check in was at 4:00 what would have been the problem? You know what the problem was? It was Friday. That's right , we were told NO because it was Friday...huh? I will tell all of my American friends who own timeshares through RCI that they would want to consider somewhere else if they go to Tobago. The stay at Sandy Point was more work than vacation. Too bad such a beautiful place is being run by people who should not be in the hotel , restaurant , and tourism business. Horrible attitudes and an inability to please the customer.
Bill B
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Guest Report

Post by Bill B »

Excuse me, but what part of check-in is at 4:00 and check-out is at 10:00 don't you understand? What part of occupancy limit is 6 don't you understand? When you stay at a timeshare facility anywhere in the world you are expected to wash your dishes - NO - it is not the maids responsibility.

It seems to me that the attitude problem is yours; you don't feel that rules apply to you and that you're entitled to special treatment. I've been to Sandy Point twice and all the employes have real good attitudes and go out of their way to be helpful unless someone starts off on the wrong foot by being demanding and demeaning.

Bill
Can't wait to be "limin"

Tobago 2007 Pictures at
http://billbrunner.myphotoalbum.com/
John Martyr
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Guest Report

Post by John Martyr »

Hi Ms Williams,
We are indeed surprised at your comments as our recollection of events during your stay are quite different.
No where in your post is it suggested that you did not receive what you paid for. In fact your comments are centered around privileges and entitlements that for reasons unknown, you feel you should have received as a matter of course.
The fact that you arrived at 10.00am for 4.00 pm check in is no fault of ours. You indicated that you have stayed here before so you are fully aware of our check in and check out times. Mr. Williams, who in fact is the one in who’s name the reservation was made was offered the earlier check in at the stipulated fee but declined and opted to make use of our amenities meanwhile. Our records indicate that you were checked in at 2.04pm when your unit was ready. Your documents indicated that the room accommodates six persons. Then why did you bring along more than the stipulated number and now seek to lay blame on us for the additional accommodation you then had to acquire? In fact Mr. Williams sought only one night initially. The next day he extended that by two more nights as he was quite happy to bring along his father who was booked into another place to stay at our resort. During your stay there were no complaints of any time made to our staff or myself. In fact Mr. Williams was very cheerful and greeted us when ever he passed. Are we also to blame for your niece opting to seek her own personal internet use unknown to you even agreeing to the cost in advance? Her reasons are now clearer to us.
Let me be quite clears. SPBC makes no apologies for the measures put in place for the comfort of its members and all other guests. All the issues you raised are matters you were fully aware of as a past guest. Too many persons like your self believe that pleasing the costumer tantamount to genuflecting to their whims and fancies and other absurd request. SPBC has been serving its members and RCI guest for the past 32 unbroken years. The issue of crime in Tobago and H1N1 concerns has had no impact on our occupancy, so we must be doing something right. Our history speaks for it self.
In closing let me say that the internet provides people with the freedom to attempt to destroy and create havoc without justification. It also makes some persons unwittingly bare their heart and soul.
With Regards,
John Martyr
John Martyr
Sandy Point Beach Club
www.sandypointbeachclub.com

Return to “Sandy Point Beach Club”