Sandy Point Village - A Great Place

25 self-contained 2* apartment hotel at Sandy Point (listing)
Wendell Grosvenor
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Sandy Point Village - A Great Place

Post by Wendell Grosvenor »

My wife and I stayed at Sandy Point Village in May05 and we think that its a great place, and offers real value for money. Its not the first time we've stayed there, and we done other places as well Hilton, Tropkist etc - but we keep going back. The things we like about it is its location (you can walk to Store Bay and a whole bunch of resturants from there, Ruby Lou, Pelican Reef, Cafe Coco etc). The rooms/studios are always kept very clean and the staff, particularily cleaning and reception seem to take a pride in what they are doing and seem genuinely happy with their lot.
Its NOT 5 star accomadation but every thing is at a very good standard for this class of hotel in Tobago. The resturant could do with a few ideas, and also captalise on its location and view. Things to look forward to are the courtsey bus'ette down to Pigeon Point Highlights .... and the managers rum punch party!
Best regards, Wendell
Torsten S.

Post by Torsten S. »

Hi Wendell,
My family (2 adults, 2chilren) are going to stay in one of the poolside suites in December. Do you have any photos by any chance which you could e-mail me? I know they are split level,but that can mean anything.
I would be very grateful for your reply,
Torsten
Wendell Grosvenor
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Sandy Point: Poolside

Post by Wendell Grosvenor »

Hi Torsten,

I'm sorry I have'nt got any photographs, and neither have stayed in those Suites.
However I can tell you that there are 2 pools and both pools have suites overlooking them. The first pool is the orginal pool and the larger of the two. Last time that I was there I caught a quick look at the suites overlooking that pool, when they were being cleaned - they look good.
The other pool is part of the new extension across the road from the main buildings. The pool is smaller approx 4M square and is over looked by suites. I have never stayed on that side, its newer and the people staying there seem happy enough.
I'm sorry that I havent been much help, but my opinion of SP is quite good for that class of hotel, and if I were you I wouldnt have too many worries.
(I cant remember but I think that the first pool is featured on the website and I think that you can see the front of the suites on the photo.

Have a great holiday and if you think I can help let me know .

Wendell
Torsten S.

Post by Torsten S. »

Hi Wendell,
many thanks for your reply :D . I think the apartments at the smaller pool are timeshare and we will be staying at the bigger pool. We see the place anyway more as a base to explore the island. I did try to contact the hotel in another matter by e-mail, but sadly the mail bounced back. Are there individual security boxes at the hotel? I am planning to bring my SLR with me but would like at times to lock it away.
Torsten
Annette Stone

Post by Annette Stone »

Hi Torsten
We stayed at Sandy Point Village a couple of years ago. They have security safes in reception that you can hire to store your valuables. The bar next to the hotel is great for rum punches. Don't know if it still the same, but people staying in poolside rooms were not allowed to sit outside with drinks due to the close proximity of the pool. Also I think someone told us that they did not have kettles in the rooms. We stayed in a beach front room, which did also not have a kettle, however they do have some rooms that have a kitchenette. We loved it there, however it is very simple and basic but rooms cleaned and towels changed every day.

Return to “Sandy Point Village”