Guest Report

25 self-contained 2* apartment hotel at Sandy Point (listing)
Roger Madeley

Guest Report

Post by Roger Madeley »

My wife and I stopped at Sandy Point Village for two weeks at the end of April 2006 and found it to be very good.It was out of season which we find to be the best times to go to popular destinations as places arn't so crowded."The Deep" disco and bar were shut but that didnt really matter to us.
The rooms were cleaned daily and unlike in a previous report on this site the towels and bedding were fine and not threadbare.
The resturant was excellent and I enjoyed one of the best Lobsters I have ever eaten there along with a good bottle of Australian red.
The staff were all very helpful and well mannered towards us.I think it helps if you smile at them and say good morning etc as to them its just another day at work and they may not be feeling on top form.
We hired a jeep from Sheppy ( on the left before you get to the Twocan Inn )which we found to be a very good service.We could have had a complimentary mobile phone if we had have wished.
As far as beaches go there are some very good ones on Tobago but we were lucky enough to find Canoe Bay which is where all the loacls and Trinidadians head for in their holiday season ( June ,July,August ).We were there in May so had the entire beach and complex to ourselves and found ourselves getting slightly agittated if somebody else appeared!!! You will have to find it for yourself as we want it to be the same next time we go back.
All in all a great holiday which we booked over the net so saving almost £300 on what we would have paid through a high street tour operator.
I can recommend Sandy Point Village as a good value for money apartment hotel to which w will return.

Roger & Sheena Madeley.

Return to “Sandy Point Village”