Guest Report

25 self-contained 2* apartment hotel at Sandy Point (listing)
Ann Barran

Guest Report

Post by Ann Barran »

My husband and I with my in laws and our little girl decided to spend the Carnival holidays in Tobago as we had enjoyed ourselves very much in December. Unfortunately the hotel we stayed at was fully booked during this period, so we decided to go to and stay at Pigeon Point Village, as we had read some good reviews about it.
Booked the family room asked for the differnt amenities that the hotel offered and also asked for either 02 rooms or a family room to accomodate 04 adults and 1 toddler. We had made our request clear from the beginning that we wanted the rooms to be seperate as to have some privacy. Called 01 week before we left Trinidad to make sure that everything was okay.
Got to the hotel, to our dismay, the room we were allocated to was a disaster, went downstairs to make a complaint(1) toilet was out of order, (2) curtains were torn, (3) the fridge was not cleaned properly, the sink in the tiny kitchen area was leaking, (4)the basin in the bathroom had mildew around the taps, no cooking utensils, finally the bedroom upstairs was a total disaster just two big beds and no privacy at all, the aircondition the wires which should have been hidden the naked eyes were in full view the piece of wood that was to hide that was on the floor under the vanity table. What a shock. We were promised that they were going to change us rooms but that never happened. We asked to see the manager that also did not happen as he had left during the evening/night to go to Carnival in Trinidad. What a real nightmare. Finally we just gave up and tried to enjoy our little break in Tobago by not staying in that room so much. I was expecting this hotel to be better as we had had such good reviews from the website and also other reviews. We shall never go there again and I will not recommend this hotel to anyone really. I have the pictures and will be sending them to the owner/manager.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Ann

It is such a shame that you had such a dissapointing stay in Tobago.

You refer to "such good reviews from the website ". What website was that? No this one. I think I've only ever seen one good review of the Sandy Point Village. It is very confusing, but the adjacent Sandy Point Beach Club receives regular high praise and has a generally good reputation. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of the Sandy Point Village. Your use of the name Pigeon Point Village may have been a simple type, or it may indicate some confusion over the names of the hotels and be the reason that you booked into the wrong hotel. Better luck next time!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Sandy Point Village”