Guest Report

25 self-contained 2* apartment hotel at Sandy Point (listing)
Tamara Ash

Guest Report

Post by Tamara Ash »

Twelve years ago, my husband and I spent our honeymoon here, so for our anniversary every year since then, no matter what else we have planned, we always make our back for a few days. Sadly this place seems to be deteriorating with each visit. This year was the ABSOLUTE worst.

Now over the years we have come to terms with the fact that this is by no means a five or even four star property. However, this year we decided to try a new room, namely the one bedroom apartment with the garden view. As expected there were some signs of disrepair, although the lighting was unusually inadequate and we were closer to the airstrip, so the sound of planes taking off and landing were a bit noisier, but nothing we couldn't overlook as we usually do.

What made this stay our absolute worst to date however was two fold. One was the fact that our room was cleaned only ONCE in the eight days we stayed there. And this mind you was only after I literally had to beg for it to be done. When we inquired at reception why our room was not being cleaned, she wanted to know if we had requested the housekeeper to do so. WHAT!? Since when is daily housekeeping not done daily, but only when requested? Is this their new policy? If so, future guests please be aware so you won't be overly inconvenienced as we were.

The second and frankly unforgivable injustice was that our room was situated directly above a night club. So on Saturday night around midnight when the party got into full gear, we were innocently awoken from peaceful slumber and bombarded with extremely loud music and incessant DJ chants until after 5:00am. I imagine this noise would have affected all the guests in the upper floor garden wing and to some extent those in the new wing as well. I certainly know our immediate neighbors were as severely affected as we were. Needless to say any hope of falling back to sleep was impossible. In fact the music was so loud you could party from the street, so there were quite a lot of would-be patrons milling around, and from the profanity and general behavior, I would class the majority of these characters as unsavory.

Frankly, Sandy Point needs to decide if they're running a hotel or a disco. To have both without any kind of restrictions or noise control shows an absolute disregard to their paying guests. What's more, when we complained the next morning, we did not even get as much as an apology. I tell you if our bill hadn't been paid up at check-in, they would not have received a dime of my hard earned money for that night of pure torture.

Return to “Sandy Point Village”