Guest Report

22 room hotel located at Speyside
Pim Den Boon

Guest Report

Post by Pim Den Boon »

Hello let me first introduce myself. I'am Pim den Boon from the netherlands and 21 years old at the moment. I visited a friend who works at the manta lodge and is the one responsible for getting my into diving. I didnt know where i was going or what i should expect.

When i arrived i was being welcomed very friendly by all the staffmembers. They where so friendly i found myself hanging out with them after their work was done. Believe me, if u want to see some cool places you should ask the locals cause they really know the in's and out's. The diving was also well organized, that's because the dive instructors and divemasters know exactly what the best locations are in certain conditions. The clients safety is defenitly their first priority. Underwater we where guided very good and they always gave a headsup when they saw a rare creature like sharks and squids and turtles and what not!

The staff was once again very friendly, i had alot good conservations with the owner Sean. This guy is really something in a good way. Hey was really intrested in my story's of diving and experience's back home. He also gave my very usefull advices about underwaterphotografy. He said that we would do a dive together with another photographer and he gave us a special dive to learn us some tricks for taking photo's. That was really cool from him and i have to say my photo's have improved alot since then.

Are there downsides? Sure there are, but it depends how big of a critic you are. Such as the food i didnt get used too the 3 weeks i was there. But isnt that my problem, because iam not used to it right? It wasn't bad but it was very different of what iam used too. My point is if u want to complain there are always things to complain about. If u come with the intension of having a good, fun and social holiday, the manta lodge can offer it!!!

Last but not least i want to thank the entire staff for giving me one of the greatest holiday's so far. Sean, Swiss, Arthur, Kester, Lapido, Linden and all the others!!! I'am planning to visit again soon. Definitly something i can recommend every diver who wants a very nice holiday in the caribean!

Return to “Manta Lodge”