ADVISE ON THE CRIME SITUATION IN TOBAGO

Your questions on medical and security issues
Jane H
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic
Great Britain

Post by Jane H » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:24 pm

Hi Serena,

You only need yellow fever vaccine if you are are entering Tobago from a country which has endemic yellow fever.

The UK doesn't - so you don't need it! (Unless you are stopping off somewhere obscure en-route.)

Relax - Tobago is a great place to unwind and chill out. (Or as the locals say " Don' worry. No problem!)

Jane

Serena

Post by Serena » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:29 pm

Thank you very much for that, Jane.

David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy
Cornwall

Post by David Watkins » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:30 pm

Serina,your name describes Tobago------calm,relaxed,and safe!Go and enjoy,you will want to return!!!
David(150 days and counting!)

Serena

Post by Serena » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:41 pm

Thank you very much David. I noticed that you are from Bude. We are holidaying in North Petherwin, near Launceston, after returning from Toabgo. l believe that it is in Cornwall. l am so glad that l have discovered this web-site. Was quite nervous about this holiday but l had been given such positve feedbacks about Tobago, and now l can't wait.

Serena

Post by Serena » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:37 pm

Do we need a quad band phone in Tobago or would a tri-band one be ok?

serena

Mary Black
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru
Great Britain

Post by Mary Black » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:24 pm

hi serena
sorry its taken a while to reply
dont know the answer about the phone or what shirley charges but trust me she wont rip you off
its a shame you wont have a car as there's nothing within walking distance of the house in that heat and so much a to see - the beaches at mount irvine and grand courland are 5-10 mins drive max and really worth visiting on a regular basis
if you're tempted i can recommend sheppies car hire(check out+about on this forum) petrol+car hire is so cheap+driving is on the left+no roundabouts+only about 1/2 a dozen traffic lights on the whole island!!!
if your still not convinced i'm sure shirley will arrange a taxi system
we're packed and raring to go 2 more sleeps :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Linda P

Post by Linda P » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:01 pm

Have a great time Mary, do some quality control checks on the rum punch for me :lol: I have to wait until October to sample the real stuff :cry:

Linda

Henry Prempeh

Post by Henry Prempeh » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:15 am

Serena wrote:Do we need a quad band phone in Tobago or would a tri-band one be ok?

serena
Hi Serena,

A triband phone will work in Tobago. The sim cards are very cheap as well.
Have a great holiday. :P

Henry

(120 Days to go :lol: )

Serena

Post by Serena » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:48 am

Thank you Mary. Do have a lovely time. We have booked a lot of 7 to 8 hours tours. Husband reckons he does enough driving in the Uk and do-not want to drive there. But thanks for that recomendation and if needs be l am sure he can be perusaded.

Serena

Post by Serena » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:03 am

Thank you Henry. Save me the expense in buying a quad band one. A few years ago l was in neighbouring Guyana and my tri-band did-not work.

Linda P

Post by Linda P » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:34 am

Hi Serena, I really would like to echo Mary's comments about a car, I think you may miss out on so much staying where you are without transport, even if it is just to nip to Pennysavers for groceries, or drive to the beach a couple of times. Tobago is a beautiful island and you may not make the most of your holiday by only using organised excursions. Your husband need not worry about lots of driving, the island is so small nowhere is that for away!
Linda

Linda P

Post by Linda P » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:37 am

PS Serena, If you post different questions on the appropriate topics rather than adding to to the same one it will be easier fo other users to find answers that they also need, ie questions about food on the food and drink topic.

Linda :)

Serena

Post by Serena » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:39 am

Having a car seems a very good idea. I will definitely have to discuss this with my husband!

Return to “Health & Security”