Trouble at Englishmans Bay

Your questions on medical and security issues
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Trouble at Englishmans Bay

Post by Phil Bondie »

Yesterday heard there may have been some trouble at Englishmans Bay Saturday or Sunday night. Steph have you heard anything?
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Trouble at Englishmans Bay

Post by Brian Taylor »

sitting on the sofa with baby baba I am always the last to hear anything... :wink:
ask again in a week or so...
steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Trouble at Englishmans Bay

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Phil

You know how stories get so grossly distorted in any small community (and Tobago in particular) and so I wanted to make sure I had the facts before posting anything.

Yes, there was what might be described as an opportunistic robbery on Sunday night. The would-be thief pounded on the door of one house. The guest sensibly didn’t open the door (it was around midnight) and shouted that he was going to blow the guy’s head off. The thief ran away and moved on to an adjacent house. Here, the guest was still outside. The thief said he was really broke and needed money. The guest said he would get some from the house. He went in, locked the doors, grabbed his wife, retreated through the back door, into the car and drove away. Possibly piqued that he had been outmanoeuvred, the thief broke through the door and stole several items including a laptop and a leather jacket.

The thief was clearly intoxicated. He carried a knife by his side, but never used it or threatened to do so. Everyone concerned seems to agree that it was an amateur, somewhat bungled, attempt by a drunken relatively aged local man.

I understand that consideration is now been given to the reintroduction of a night watchman on the Estate. It must have been very alarming for the guests concerned and clearly very fortunate that no injury or great loss was suffered.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Health & Security”