Medical Facilities in T&T

Your questions on medical and security issues
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi again Steve

Just got back from Port of Spain with our new baby boy - son of Holidayintobago.com (what kind of man gets a plug on his firstborn's back???).

Anyway, feeling pretty good at the moment. By the way, if any reader has the misfortune to fall ill on holiday here and does not wish to chance their arm at the local public hospital at Scarborough, the St Clair Medical Centre in Port of Spain is a first class private facility at prices roughly comparable to about one fifth of a BUPA place. The doctors and nurses were excellent, the OR superb (sadly needed after an 18 hour labour), and the final bill for a three night stay with all the medication etc was embarrassingly modest.

I would even go so far as to suggest Trinidad as an alternative for waiting list europeans to go to for cheap but first class operations, as opposed to Poland, India or some of the other places gaining in popularity - similar prices, with english language speaking staff and warm caribbean smiles all round!

Maybe I should branch off into medical tourism?
If anyone needs any help....
Regards
Glyn
PS - by all means move this message to a medical section if appropriate
Glyn Kirpalani
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

How time flies! I hadn’t realised baby was due so soon. Anyway, congratulations to you both – I believe it’s your first, isn’t it? I hope he gives you as much pleasure and pride as I have derived from our little crew (two sons, one stepson and one stepdaughter).

As suggested, I felt your words of wisdom would be more appropriate in the Health sub-forum.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi Steve

Thanks! Yes he is our first, and according to my hobbling wife our last, but the nurses informed me that they always say that for a while...

Hope your family takes over the site when your are too geriatric to type, although by then it will probably be some sort of futuristic web cam chat room or some such advance.

All the best

Knackered Father
Glyn Kirpalani
John Hill

Boys

Post by John Hill »

Hi Glyn

Well done and all the very best to the three of you. I am sure your wife will want a little girl to take shopping with her, while you boys are out having a good time you wait and see. :lol:

I think you should now change that big "G" to a Big "G and little g" then you will have a GG sorry about that.

Once all the best, I will drink a toast to you all tonight and send you the bill??
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi John

Many thanks for the best wishes and horse joke! We laughed.
I have no danger from female shopping expeditions here on Tobago, as you no doubt know, unless she gets carried away in a fruit shop, as there ain't much else to buy! Good idea though, to have a girl to occupy her so that my son and I can go fishing, loafing etc.

You can send me the bill for your toast so I can chuckle at the absurdly high UK alcohol prices, but being a poor Tobagonian (unemployed?) I won't be able to refund it, sorry, unlike you rich first world types :)

Still, look us up when you are over and pop round for a drink instead.
Cheers
Glyn
Glyn Kirpalani

Return to “Health & Security”