Guest Report

20 room 2* hotel and restaurant inland at Crown Point.
CLOSED IN 2015. Now trading as Shepherd's Inn (see above).
Sally Bray

Guest Report

Post by Sally Bray »

I have just read my husbands posted review of our holiday where we stayed at the excellent Toucan Inn. Was I on the same holiday I ask? or could it be the Rum punches clouding his judgement.
I have to say that I disagree with his points.
Firstly he is comparing the AI with another hotel which we stayed in 2 years ago, The Mango Bay in the very developed island of Barbados.This holiday cost at least 1200 pounds more and I believe is regarded as one of the top small hotels in the world.
I thought that the Toucan Inn and the Kuoni package offered excellent value for money. The staff are SUPERB, it is clean and we met a friendly group of guests.Troy the manager does deserve a special mention. Whatever his salary is it deserves to be quadrupled!Owner N.B.
As for the food all the meals I ate were great.My husband and have eaten in the top restaurants in London from Ramseys, Nobu's Gavroche and Blumenthal's and for him to praise any dish is a coup de grace.
Although the main AI menu did not change John. THERE WERE DAILY SPECIALS WHICH WE WERE OFFERED AND EATEN. John have you forgotten the lamb and pork dishes ?
As for the service... it is Tobago and the Carib and the need to adapt, chill and lime is essential.I say it was really good.
I would of course advise anyone to hire a car to see the beauty of the island's beaches and interior. An island which retains its own uniqueness and natural beauty. Superior to Barbados in that area.
So if you agree to disagree this is the place to stay in Tobago.
I think one of us should have stayed longer. Preferably me!
Sally Bray . A Royal Equerry x
Steve Pitts
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Steve Pitts »

Looks like it's back to Barbados again for John next year and a return to Tobago for Sally :D
Take only photos - leave only footprints. I like that concept.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Yes, it does, doesn't it?

I was going to post a message letting them know that I'm offering either a 30% discount or a free frying pan on all marriage counselling sessions booked before 14 September, but then remembered that nobody must use the forum for commercial purposes.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

And here I was believing that Paradise brought lovers together.You have broken the illusion,Sally.
David(in the air in 13 weeks) :D

Return to “Toucan Inn”