Guest Report

20 room 2* hotel and restaurant inland at Crown Point.
CLOSED IN 2015. Now trading as Shepherd's Inn (see above).
Pat Morrison

Guest Report

Post by Pat Morrison »

We last stayed at toucan 6 years ago and were so impressed we returned this year with 5 others having told them how wonderful toucan was
this year we found no entertainment of note (compared to our last stay when there was excellent entertainment every night) food in restaurant less choice and not so good, waiting staff (apart from beverley) with very limited understanding of what we wanted and one night getting 6 main meals served to 3 people. pool not cleaned and grimy and greasy around edge and full of leaves although when i did alert staff to this it was cleaned
however, we went out every night to managed
it was not helpful when we heard that from our first sunday at the toucan the restaurant would not be open at all, ok for us but not so ok i guess for people arriving on a sunday

however, rooms are kept incredibly clean and i particularly thank cherie ann. management very helpful particularly christina who was friendly and professional at all times

the resident cab drive, mr b i did not find particularly helpful nor friendly once realising we would not be using him for various reasons. also i must say i did not find his ability to stop himself from meddling in my personal business helpful

i would stay at toucan again as i think the comments re entertainment and restaurant etc are perhaps an indication of the difficult financial period we are now in

Return to “Toucan Inn”