Guest Report

Small, hospitable apartment house at Mt.Irvine (listing)
Dymphana and Wendell

Guest Report

Post by Dymphana and Wendell »

My husband, kids and I stayed a few days at this place, the second of two we stayed in while in Tobago. I spent a lot of time going through the reviews on the first page and comparing with other places (I should have read further down). It was on this basis I chose to stay here but was a lot disappointed. The host was pleasant though and while I am in no position to judge other people's experiences, it seemed that other folks may have had nicer rooms or something but ours, though ok, needs much updating and cleaning. There was someone who 'cleaned' but the bath and toilet area especially, appeared not to have been cleaned since the place opened years ago. The shower was grimy and quite a turn off. The ac in the bedroom is definitely badly positioned. I did not see any phone and the cable offerings were sparse. The kitchen space is a tiny after thought at the back next to a wall with a portion of it having bricks with un-plastered openings which let mosquitoes in. At times too the back area smelt unpleasant from nearby occupiers smoking as well as the dog above. I must say too that the fact that people stayed here years ago and found it lovely does not mean it's that way now and owners of places like these who put themselves out for attracting tourists should think of how they would like to feel when staying away from home and keep their places clean and updated. Overall, the grounds and general area were quiet and ok. Even the pool was a hit with the kids but they did see a frog in there after their last swim (who knows what else was in there before they went in the days before) But it's really the inside where you return to and sleep at night that was important for us especially our kids and we were disappointed.

Return to “Bijou Des Caraibes”