Guest Report

Spacious two-bedroom apartment near Scarborough (listing)
Dion Ellies

Guest Report

Post by Dion Ellies »

Fresh off my 5 day stay at Hummingbird Heights, I must say it was overall a totally enjoyable stay in my sister isle Tobago.

Being the one who did the research and booking, I was totally relieved when the group voiced their total satisfaction with the choice. I also note I may be the first reviewer that stayed under the new management from May 2013.

Some pointers......Just about 5 minutes drive from the port. A leisurely 20-25 minute drive from Crown Point International Airport. Beautiful view of the port and Scarborough, where you can see the fast ferries coming in and out of berth. Many major historical sites and beaches range from 5-30 minutes away. Stove, fridge, microwave available. I do however suggest that you organize with a taxi or rental during your stay if you're not going with a car as movements will be a little easier. We stayed on the 3rd level (2nd from the top. There's a 'semi basement' at pool level, plus 3 floors after).

The stairs for the 3rd and 4th levels can be entertaining yes, but in no way take away from your stay. Well planned moves avoid excess use and you can always ask about the lower levels that would suit your comfort. But the view pays for itself!

The new owner is quite accommodating and easy to chat with, open to suggestions and accessible. Qualities I like since there is always room for improvement, and who better to get these points from than your guests? Also, he has already made improvements to the property and is on the way to having more done in the near future.

I will definitely return here whenever I visit, and do recommend it for a stay.

Return to “Hummingbird Heights”