Guest Report

Luxury 5-bedroom beachside villa at Mt.Irvine (listing)
Martha Stark

Guest Report

Post by Martha Stark »

I visited Paradise Found with my family from 15 July through 21 July. Let me start by saying the villa was wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. However, in the interests of improving this incredible property I offer the following review and feedback.

Although it is advertised tht there is a washer and dryer at the villa, there is not. That was important for several reasons. First as there was 10 of us traveling and since everyone is required to bring their own beach towels, we were hoping to be able to wash and dry them. However, we learned when we arrived that there was no dryer.

We recognize that we are fairly spoiled as American travelers and so advise people to take that into account when reading this review. However there were several other items that require attention and that took away from our full enjoyment of our holiday.

Master Bedroom-it is impossible to open the sliding door to the patio without fear that the entire door will crash in. The second air conditioning unit that cools one section of the bedroom is broken. It takes a long time for the room to cool off.

Bedroom with twin beds-the air conditioning unit may need to be fixed as it barely cools the room. It was so uncomfortable that the occupants moved to the master bedroom.

Kitchen-is awesome but hot. We did a lot of at home cooking and if you spent anytime in the kitchen it required an immediate change of clothing or dip in the pool to cool off.

While I am sure it is necessary, the number of locks was a bit overwhelming. Last comment before I talk about the incredible pros associated with this villa. We left the air running because of the various issues with some of the units and the time that it took to cool some of the rooms but when we returned they were shut off including one day where the circuit breaker was tripped (hmm?).

So important was it to us to be cool (two of us are at hot flash ages) that I think it might be acceptable to charge an electricity surcharge or raise the fees some during the hottest months.

The pros: the pool! We spent almost all of our time there. Gus' ribs-the manager is a person of all trades The location cannot be beat-proximate to the beach and close to the airport and grocery store and fantastic meat market Golden Grove. Oh and then there is the pool! Also great to have wireless internet access. Kept the youngest among us occupied and happy.

All in all we loved our stay but my mother always told me when you get a 95 on an exam you need a strategy for the other five points. It is in that vein that I offer this review.

Return to “Paradise Found Villa”