Paradise Found Villa

Luxury 5-bedroom beachside villa at Mt.Irvine (listing)
Martin Shutkever

Paradise Found Villa

Post by Martin Shutkever »

We stayed for 2 weeks in 2002 and had a great time. It was our first visit to Tobago so we have nothing to compare the villa with but here are my views.

It is in a good position only 20 minutes or so from the airport and is on a hill overlooking a beach (across a road).

There are five bedrooms, one is enormous, two are large and two are fairly large.

I thought it was very good value (we were two families - 9 people in all) and well looked-after with helpful staff.

My only minor negative thoughts about it were that the largest bedroom is a bit noisy as it looks out over the road (not a large road but a main one by local standards) and that the pool is a bit small and being covered might not suit all tastes.

If you like sunbathing by the pool you can't do it at this villa although you can sit around the pool and enjoy it if there is a rainstorm rather than having to retreat inside.

However there is an area of garden behind the house where you can sunbathe. The gardens are very pretty and well-tended but they slope quite steeply so are not much use except to look at. You can pick your own limes and aloe vera in the garden!

The rooms were all well-appointed and airconditioned and some (if not all) of them had their own fridge!

As Steve said, Back Bay is wonderful and this villa is within 10 minutes walk/scramble to it so you can go there with just a towel and a drink i.e. no need for worries about possessions 'walking' while you swim.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this villa to a group of up to 10 people.

Return to “Paradise Found Villa”