Budget Accommodation Suitable for Lone Female

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Marie-CC
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Budget Accommodation Suitable for Lone Female

Post by Marie-CC »

I am a lone (middle aged, if I am being honest) female looking to spend a few weeks in Tobago. The island doesn’t seem to be traveller friendly, in as much as hostels are few and far between, from the research I have made. Therefore, I am looking for recommendations on budget accommodation. I see that there are a number of apartments, but would I be making myself vulnerable? I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Budget Accommodation Suitable for Lone Female

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Marie

Welcome aboard! :)

Hopefully some other solo travellers can offer suggestions. I'm at a bit of a loss because I'm not quite sure in what way a hostel would be better/safer than a normal self-catering apartment. Two established properties with good reputations that, I believe, offer dormitory-style 'hostel' accommodation are Millers in Buccoo, and Candles In The Wind in Bon Accord. However, I think that most of the smaller self-catering apartments where the owner lives on-site would offer similar level of personal attention and do everything possible given your 'lone' status. Personally, I don't really see it as an issue wherever you stay on Tobago.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Marie-CC
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by Marie-CC »

Many thanks for your response Steve, mind now at rest. My concern was that in staying in an apartment, nobody would notice if I was there or not. However, it isn't mind intention to stay out after night fall anyway...too much to see the following day.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding accommodation at the other end of Tobago (Charlotteville area), I would be grateful. Thanks.
GillianM
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by GillianM »

Hi Marie.
I could totally recommend Duke Robinson's guest house at Black Rock. I have often stayed there alone and am middle aged!
It is extremely good value for money, the owners live on site and I feel very safe there. It is centrally situated and is 5 minutes walk from one of the best beaches(Grafton) on the island.
Any other information required please message me and I would be happy to help/advise.
Marie-CC
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by Marie-CC »

Many thanks Gillian, I shall check this out. Truly appreciate it and will no doubt PM you at some stage. Thanks again.

Return to “General Accommodation”